Sunday, July 10, 2005

K Box !



That's right! The three of us met up yesterday and had made an impromptu visit to the KBox at Cineleisure. Shockingly, there was a long queue at both levels and we were told to go up to the 8th floor because we didn't make a booking! It seems that Karoke is fast becoming a popular past time for Singaporeans, rivalling movie-watching even!



Oops! That'll be me. I had a hell lot of fun singing songs that I didn't normally sing. I don't know why. And we didn't sing a single S.H.E. song. Now, that is a sin. I'll be doing that tomorrow as payback. Anyway, there are tonnes of English songs to choose from nowadays so the wide variety of songs makes the experience all the more enjoyable.



Let me just say that our dear Nana was shy to sing at the beginning, but of course Ash and I wouldn't want to be guilty of dragging her to KBox and leaving her in a corner reading newspapers. Surprisingly enough, there were tonnes of real Westlife videos and she was quite a big fan of theirs. At least she knows them better than she knows F.I.R. or some Mandopop group. I think we sang like 7-8 Westlife singles and it really was like revisiting the past glory of pop. She looked like she had a lot of fun singing, and they screamed for Nicky and the other guy. Mark I think. IMO, Shane's the man!



Ash is her name and Mandopop divas are her game. Haha! She did a few songs by Saya, which I haven't heard before in my life, but they were pretty good. Then there were more by A*Mei, Elva Hsiao and the likes. Man, we did have a slow start choosing the songs, but once we warmed up a bit, the whole 'request' list was jammed up with songs. Remember to sing S Club's Natural the next time you're there, it's the real vid! Luckily we did sing a bit of F.I.R. before we left. Amazing stuff. Their songs really get me on a high and it would be terrible to have missed them out. We ended up singing songs by Linkin' Park as well!

The fried rice that we got(instead of fish and chips because they ran out of them apparently) tasted pretty good. The only bad thing about it was that it was little and I was bloody hungry. Well, at least it didn't get in the way of our singing.

It was great spending three hours going through many, many songs (I sang Britter's What It's Like To Be Me when they went to the toilet), looking at the videos, singing... man, I should really do it more often!



I LOVE SINGING!

No comments: