Saturday, July 16, 2005

3 Things...

... that pissed me off this week.

1. Yesterday we were supposed to have a run at Bishan Park. When we got there, the sky was full of dark clouds, and it was obvious that it was going to rain. However, there was no CAT 1 status, so it was decided that the run would still be on as usual. During the briefing before the run, there was the rumblings of thunder. The run was still not cancelled.

We were told to put our belongings in the shade. By this time, anyone could tell that it was going to rain for sure. But they insisted on going on with the run, and we begun our warm up. After less than a minute, all the waters from the sky above decided that it was time to make their presence felt. WTF?!

I think it would've been sensible to have cancelled the run a bit earlier so that all of us could've gone home dry and safe, instead of rushing madly to get our stuff and then getting squashed seeking shelter in a bus stop.

Now, I couldn't have been more pissed.

2. A sgt accused me of using eye power when we were rolling the hose... Well, he didn't exactly accuse me because he didn't mention the person's name but he dropped a lot of hints. I told my bunkmates about it and they said that it wasn't meant for me but for someone else. I felt relieved after that but that incident really made my bloody boil. And maybe they were just trying to make me feel better... and they did.

But I was still pissed. Period.

3. I went to visit my grandmother yesterday. Apparently, I got shot that for not knowing how to speak hokkien by one of my relatives who's my grandma's age whom I've never seen before. It's not as if I don't understand when someone speaks it; I just am not able to be the one speaking it. No one speaks to me in hokkien anyway. So now it's MY FAULT that I can't communicate with my grandmother right? And, my dad said that he had to drag me to visit her. So my grandmother looked kinda pissed. Maybe she was just feeling sick, but I felt terrible.

Oh... fuck it.

No comments: