Saturday, July 02, 2005

Avril Rox!



It's time to pay tribute to Avril Lavigne. A well deserved one at that.

Her latest single sent to radio Fall To Pieces is another fantastic song, following the success of her previous singles from her sophomore album Under My Skin. In fact, I think I might just get this album this weekend. I find the more mature yet catchy sound very appealing and the lyrics are really one-of-a-kind. Descriptive and deep in meaning, painting pictures of very real-life situations, she is one incredible singer-songwriter.

In fact, Avril has invaded my consciousness with her first album. Complicated was everyone's singalong, Sk8ter Boi was the one with the best lyrics and rock-chick attitude, and I'm With You, the song that made me a huge fan. I'd belt out I'm Wiiiiith Yoooooooooooooooooooououuu uncontrollably everytime I heard it. On top of that, I performed with the band (TWJ, Kherray, David, Mei Zhen, Lim Yang) Sk8ter Boi for Woodstock. One of the most memorable times of my life.



Meanwhile, the woman's been busy preparing for her next album and of course, gotten engaged to frontman of Sum 41, Deryck Whibley. And she's only 21! Check out the diamond ring folks. That's one cool bling bling. All the best to the both of them.

And to end this off, here's a pic of them being lovey-dovey in a park. Kinda sweet, don't you think?



Altogether now: Awww...!

No comments: