Monday, July 11, 2005

Platoon Outing at Merchant Court



We had a platoon outing on Saturday night at Merchant Court. I realised that I have been to the place before because I had the chance to stay at the hotel and then went for the breakfast buffet which tasted bloody good.

Anyway, everyone spent a banging 33 dollars each. The food there was pretty good, but given the choice I would've gone to somewhere cheaper! Anyway, it's situated just beside Clarke Quay MRT station so it is easy to find. Had a lot of fun chatting with Sern Hong. His classic comments like, "I think the oyster isn't cooked enough." made the whole thing memorable and entertaining. Of course there was also the papparazzi photos and everything. If given the chance I would've tried to take some photos, but I didn't have as much balls as him. He took photos of everybody, whether they liked it or not!

Anyway, after that a few of us went for a walk around the place. The night life is really happening but it was freaking humid and hot, that I didn't get a chance to observe everything with a clear mind. There were school children cutting across the underpasses, going home from the NDP preview. Also, we managed to spot a Sgt with his gf. Oh! Scandalous stuff.



This is a photo taken by Sern Hong (perm photog) while we were walking through the underpass. It looks very very boybandish. It'll make the cut for an album cover I swear! Everyone was kind of... apprehensive? Oh well. I had a lot of fun walking around and talking to Terence about almost everything. From the things we saw to NYJC. We saw Jayne and a guy. Hmm. On our trip we also managed to pass by the bar which was in ice. I can't remember what the place is called but we'd have to be 21 to get in. And we aren't.



After all the walking, we took the 90 steps of staircase down to the MRT station. Everyone was kind of tired and a bit sweaty after all the walking. This photo was taken at the MRT station. And we took 2 more photos...



Comprising mostly of my sectionmates, except for YC on the far left. Everyone looks bloody tired. It was not a posed photo. They really are - seh.



Yeah. We were all tired that we ended up sitting down when we could. This is a photo of me, Terence, who's wearing my Do Somethin' cap and looking ridiculously good, and our resident IPPT-Gold Guo Fei. Hmm, not a bad photo as well, but I believe both Sern Hong and I need new cameras because the colour quality isn't fantastic. Boo. We took the train and they got out at Orchard, while I went home because I was kind of tired. Oh, and Bryan gave me a listen (on his bro's black Zen Micro) to some other tunes by Hoobastank and I must say... they do sound different! Pity about The Reason. Maybe they could start releasing songs that really sound like they rock.

Was kind of tired after the whole thing. The most enjoyable part wasn't eating the expensive, good food (which by the way, comprised of oysters, clamps... nah, the deserts were the best. Absolutely mouth watering). The best part was just walking around, people-watching and hanging out. There's probably going to be another platoon outing, this time at a chalet. Kind of looking forward to that!

No comments: