Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

“We were meant to lose people. How else would we know how important they are?”

It was really awesome and might probably be the first DVD of a film that I'll ever get. Somehow the themes and messages resonated with me and probably how I feel about life at this point of time. The segment about cause and effect that led to the female lead getting knocked down by the cab was awesome. There were many moving moments that were captured and expressed powerfully. It's the kind of storytelling I like - full of drama that's true-to-life, that crosses cultures and beliefs.

The dialogue was really wonderful.

And I enjoyed looking through the eyes of a character that has to live with such an unusual circumstance. I get what people say when they thought that Brad Pitt's activing was bleurgh and personally I don't like people who are too pretty for the screen (like Tom Cruise). This is probably the second movie that I've seen featuring Pitt after Mr and Mrs Smith. I thought the plot travelled along at a decent pace so he was fine in it. Cate Blanchett, on the other hand, was freaking awesome. She drove me out of my mind with her acting in Notes On A Scandal and this one's equally engaging and effective.

At 3 hours I think some people might find it a little long but for me it was magnificent storytelling. A story of lives with all the best bits fleshed out that I was hooked to every moment and observing how things led from one to another.

Brilliant and refreshing.

5/5

01

No comments: