Friday, March 18, 2005

Do Somethin'

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm sorry my obsession with this song has become an even deeper obsession. Well, since my first book out till now, I've been listening to this song non-stop. And I'm sorry to say... I haven't stopped listening!

A big thank you to Zhi Wei because the song you're listening to is courtesy of him. Well, I stole it without asking for permission but I'm sure he won't mind!

A bit more on the single and its success worldwide. BTW I stepped into HMV a few days ago and THIS was the #1 single. Beat that.

From unitedworldchart.de:"Biggest mover this week is Britney Spears' 'Do Somethin', which storms 40-18 (up 69% to 109.000 points)" This top 40 counts CD single sales, airplay and legal downloads. You can see the top 40 here:http://www.mediatraffic.de/singles.htm

But, in the top 25 CD single sales ONLY, Do somethin' debuts at #7!! You can se the top 25 CD single sales here:http://www.mediatraffic.de/singles-sales.htm

On other debuts around the world:
Alemanha: #18Irlanda: #4 (debut)Austrália: #8 (debut)Suécia: #10Noruega: #16Holanda: #31Áustria: #21França: #70 (guess this is an import, right?)Bélgica (Flanders): #15 UK: #6 (debut) Airplay World Chart: #40 (debut)

Music Week Review:
BRITNEY SPEARS
Do Something (Jive 82876682132)Britney reunites with Toxic producers Bloodshy and Avant for this impressively bold slab of electro-pop in which the singer's assertive vocal is fused with a series of industrial-sounding squelches and a distinctive rhythm element that serves to remind the world that Britney is still very much top of her game.

BBC Review:
BBC: Britney's follow-up to November's cover of Bobby Brown's 80s classic "My Prerogative" heads in a completely new musical direction for Britney. "Do Somethin'" breaks new ground in Britney's career, with a new "electric pop" style, similar to that of Gwen Stefani and Girls Aloud. Taken from her multi-platinum "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" collection and with a funky, colourful video, Britney may have her 6th UK number 1 in sight.

Opening with a high-pitched, electric rift and Britney cutting in with her usual prelude vocals, you may be fooled into thinking that this is just going to be another mediocre track. However, you'd be mistaken. With it's addictive chorus, hot baselines and catchy instrumental, this is definately one of Britney's finest moments. Forget Britney's attempts at covering past hits, this is Britney as we want her, producing catchy, fun pop records. Even if this track isn't your style prepare to hear it everywhere you go, because just like her #1 hit "Toxic" did this time last year, "Do Somethin'" is going to be on every radio station when you tune in, guaranteed.

Just to add to the hype, Britney is coming to the UK later this month to promote "Do Somethin'" along with her new perfume, "Curious". Let the media frenzy begin."


#3 on week ending 4 March for US TRL

Her impressive track record in Australia:
#01 - ...Baby One More Time (9 weeks)
#02 - Sometimes
#12 - Crazy
#37 - From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart
#01 - Oops! I Did It Again (2 weeks)
#03 - Lucky
#13 - Stronger
#07 - I'm A Slave 4 U
#16 - Overprotected
#07 - Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman
#13 - I Love Rock And Roll
#16 - Boys
#01 - Me Against The Music (2 weeks)
#01 - Toxic (2 weeks)
#01 - Everytime (1 week)
#07 - My Preogative
#08 - Do Somethin'

16th top 20 hit. I'm sure every other blonde 'bimbo' could do that. Oh yeah.

1 comment:

zxzxlch said...

Heheh I hated this song when I first heard it but it sure is catchy! Did you see the HELLO KITTY necklace she wore in the MTV? LMAO!