Friday, March 25, 2005

My new unit!

I'll be having a tee-shirt saying CBRD at the back. I think it looks kinda cool. I suppose I'd be getting it after the entire course.

What the hell does CBRD stand for? It stands for - Chemical Biological Radiological Defence.

I must admit that when I first stepped into the camp, I had no idea what to exepect and I thought I was going to be doing bridging! But when I heard that this was what we would be involved in, I almost jumped for joy. It is something that I am interested in. Also, there's this exchange programme with Australia and Brunei at the end of the year and I really want to go! It's an incentive for me to perform well I suppose and give my best. There'd be plenty of lectures ( if we fall asleep, the punishment will be so terrible that...), and plenty of training. The good news is that we probably won't be going outfield, and even if we do, it'd be minimal. Also, my training is a 5 day week (unlike others! Yippee!) and there'd be no guard duty and such until the end of my 14 week course!

We used to be called some funny name with 4 alphabets and 4 numbers behind. But since the Sept 11 attacks, we became unclassified (damn, it'd be so cool to say my unit's classified), and officially known as 39 SCE in 2003.

This week I've already done a 7 km run (although i suspect it's about 5-6km) and I did my IPPT. The IPPT cat test determines what kind of physical training is done. My pull ups is at 10 (a record for this year, my 2nd time doing it only!) and my 2.4 almost managed to equal my personal best. PB stands at 10.40.For my latest IPPT I got 10.47! It could've been better (who am I bluffing, I almost stopped at the end, dying already), so maybe I'll reach 1030 on my next one!

My section still needs sometime to work on our teamspirit. Which reminds me of my W4P1S1! I'm sure a lot of my ex-sectionmates miss the mushy things we say at night. Every night before we slept at BMTC one of us would say: I love section 1. And the mushiest thing about that was that we were all trying to be the first one to say it every night. Usually it's limited to one person per night. Oh yeah, I miss that. Towards the end of the course it was insane because we'd take every opporunity to say that.

We're required to sing songs when we march and run and when Terence and I ran side by side, the memories just flood back. There're some things that were unique to our platoon, like in one of the songs there was ANY SWEAT?

Standard reply is: No sweat, chicken feet, haha, all the way.
And we would add on: Similan (my sect com's favourite phrase), F*cksh*t (my PS's fav phrase), don't believe, come and check.

We've done it together a couple of times already, and we're still not tired of it.

My PC is a pai kia, regular. He's a very very nice guy, but at the same time, he expects a lot from us. I'm afraid that we cannot live up to his expectation, and that we will disappoint him. I know that if it comes to a point where our performance is really bad, he'll not hesitate to give us the worst punishment. I hope that we can really perform our best, not let them down, and be worthy of the welfare and respect they've given us.

I'm looking forward to the course next week! And of course to booking out AGAIN!

P/S - check out the current and last NYHO comittee pic just below!

No comments: