Sunday, April 10, 2005

Harmonica...

I'm so stoned because I've been online since 9 AM and it's like 4:30pm. I've got nothing better to do, that's basically why I'm here. In addition to that, I ain't got much money left, so what better way than to stone at home?

Yesterday I went for harmonica practice again in the morning. It was great fun as usual, but the practices are getting more serious because there isn't much time left till SYF. Anyway, I reached there at about 8:40 which was when they'd usually finish their sectionals and commence on practising together.

There was improvement from last week. Minuet on the whole sounds like a smooth piece already. The problem now is maximising the potential of the piece and bringing out all the minor details. For Blue Tango, it has reached a stage where I can no longer think of how to improve on it. I am not of sufficient expertise to push the piece up to another level. So I guess, it was FANTASTIC, all 3 times I heard it. Well, there was a time when it felt a bit solemn and no one was laughing and all so I had one person from each section to play one line and that was havoc! Some people missed their parts, there was laughing... it was hilarious.

After that we all went to Toa Payoh to have lunch. Wai Kit went to do his braces. We went to the underground foodcourt at the bus interchange. Me and HK ate this BBQ Chicken with fried rice and it was the biggest piece of meat I ever saw. Almost. ZY went to buy 3 pepsi twists for us. WK came back with blue braces...(which looked like green under the yellow light).

Anyway, all of us went to This Fashion to find the clothes that they were going to buy for the performance. The guys ended up outside stoning and talking about this and that. Enjoyed myself quite a lot talking to them. We had ice cream which tasted damn good as the weather was hot and then I went off to meet Mak at JP.

I fell asleep on the train travelling there and felt super groggy. Mak had already bought tickets for The Pacifier at 17:15. Normally, it was a show that I wouldn't watch because it IS a Disney production and I thought I'd grown out of it already. We walked around, looking at CDs and a other movies at TS and Sembawang Music.

We ran down to 7-11 to buy a huge bottle of root beer before rushing to the cinema. The commercials lasted bloody long.

Well, The Pacifier is really not bad. Despite being inconsistent at parts; the pacing of the movie rather irregular and us not knowing what to expect from the movie, it has the most hilarious punchlines. It was something I could relate to. It was about growing up, about kids, about following your dreams and of course, Vin Diesel acting as a military personnel (because I'm serving NS now), all turned out to be something that touched the heart and inspiring and funny all at the same time.

We went to KFC to eat dinner and chatted about NS stuff. After that we took the train to Marsiling where he alighted. On the way, we looked at each other's phone books and discussed the people in there. One of our oldest pasttimes! LOL!

Then I went to Bugis to wait for Vanessa and sent her home after that. While walking home, my contacts were super blur and I had to rip out one of them before continuing my walk home.

Not bad for a Saturday.

No comments: