Sunday, April 17, 2005

Packed - S c h e d u l e

FRIDAY

When I booked out relatively early on Friday, I came back home and changed and took I shower before going out to meet Si Hua at 2030. It was insane as both of us were early and we were bloody happy to see each other as well. We had a deep chat about lots of stuff and went walking around Sun Plaza. I went to return a library book as well as went to take a look at VCDs, facial cleansers and magazines, but I didn't buy anything! We then went to Mcdonalds to have a meal. It was just for fun actually. Sitting there to talk was great, because the place was familiar and all that. The atmosphere was right for a talk between a 2 fantastic friends! :P Anyway, I think I saw Angeline and her boyfriend walk past. I think.

SATURDAY

On Saturday morning, I went to NY. This time the practice was in the Student's Lounge and well, the sound was rather different as well. The instructor came and I really learnt a lot just sitting there and watching him conduct. I really hope that my juniors do well in the upcoming SYF. They've reached a stage where they need to find the magic in the music and they've gone beyond what I can teach them, so basically I'm just there to guide when needed and to have fun with them as well.

Went out at about 1110 to buy the fruit cake for Xing Hui's birthday. Had to go all the way to Serangoon Central (which I discovered was near because I have become used to walking in NS) and got the cake. It looked fab really. After that when I returned, they continued their practice while Wai Kit passed the cake to me from the outside to hide it. Anyway, they forgot the lighter and in the end Ho Kong ran out to buy one because we didn't manage to borrow one.

Celebrated XH's birthday and it was quite fun. Haha, it's really been a long time since I've actually celebrated someone's birthday with a nice cake, card and present. It was really cool.

SUNDAY

Woke up rather early in the morning and met JY at the bus stop outside his house! And he was late again. We had breakfast at the McDonalds at the Serangoon Central. It was nice to just sit down and have a chat about everything under the sun. We then went to the CC and watched a bit of Lion Dance and then went into the hall where I was surprised (when in fact I've already heard that) the HO people were participating in the SMS game. Then we went off to play photo hunt. The highest we got to was about Lvl 13 I think!

After that the guys carried the instruments and stuff in and then they went to change. I went with them as an assistant. Quite weird. Anyway, they had quite cool ties and their costume was all black. Not bad, it looked classy. When we came down from the 5th floor toilet it was quite late already and then there was a bit of drama and confusion.

Anyway, the performance was not bad. I didn't hear anything going out of tune, or increase in tempo or anything like that. They were still a tad solemn while performing, but music-wise it was not bad. I took a few photos here and there with my lousy camera (which I am so GOING TO MURDER). They packed everything up and we went to bring all the equipment to James' house. Sat there and watched James and his reverse bungee thingie and a bit of I Not Stupid serial, which was hilarious and nice.

Left and the few of us took the train to Somerset. We played weird games again like Fuzzy Wuzzy, This Is A Game Of Recall (which I finally understood when Wai Kit explained to me) and other stuff. It was quite funny as well. Then we went to the food court to have lunch. As usual the guys and girls ( Wan Ping, Delphine and Hui Juan) split. HK, ZY and me at one table. Hmm, had quite an entertaining chat with them about harmonica (the times last year... how I'd get to know them, put them through interviews etc.) and how their posts were chosen as well as choosing interesting combinations of fruit juices. Also shared ice kacang with WK. Now I'm so full I think I can skip dinner.

Really had a hell lot of fun with them. I wonder if wishing that it will last is asking for too much...

No comments: