Sunday, April 24, 2005


Now, people ask me why is she my inspiration. Why do I have an idol, when previously I always thought people who are insane about singers or actors are just immature? The reason is simple... she embodies the characteristics of a great person.

Hard work. Stop giggling. Performing 100 nights a year, in front of thousands of people each time is no mean feat. Practising her dance moves and rehearsing everytime she's on a different stage as well as having to travel is no easy task.

Her music. During my 7 km run, I couldn't even finish singing half of the singles she's released during her 6+ years in the music industry. I think singing her songs could last me my AHM: 21km. I forget my exhaustion, my panting, my aching feet...

Her attitude to life. Full of zest. She just can't stay still. She makes things happen.

Her insecurities. People think she's some diva, demanding and full of herself. But she isn't. She even gets nervous before going on a kid's show. She has to do this thing where she gets into character, make herself feel the star and just do it. That's how I went for my interview. I can relate to what she does. That's why I have respect for her as well. Posted by Hello

No comments: