Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bedok Hawker



Okay, I'll have to make this a quick one. I spent too much time chatting and editting the photos and now I'm left with a mere 20 minutes or so to update about what I was up to yesterday! I'm supposed to meet up with Terence, Daniel and Sern Hong later for a swim, but the sky doesn't look too good. Anyway!

I met Si Hua at Sembawang and we made our way down to Somerset to look for Sequeena. We then travelled to Bedok and took bus 14 down to the hawker centre. It was only after alighting that we realised that we were still far from the place. I was bloody hungry because I didn't eat much the entire day. I only had one chicken wing, one prata and one bun. Luckily, this dinner was satisfying enough!



We had nothing better to do while waiting for the food to come so we camera-whored just a little bit. Sequeena's wearing her cap because she was working at Rocky Master with her cap on and her hair was super flat.

We ordered stingray, squid, omelette oyster and sugarcane drink. Oh yeah, and kang kong as well. I was actually quite stunned to see everything virturally dripping with chilli. I'm not too good at eating spicy stuff even though I like the taste. So I was a bit apprehensive upon setting eyes on the food but after taking a bite of everything, I just couldn't stop.



In fact, I can't even pick a favourite! I liked all the dishes. Needless to say I was the first one to finish my drink, with sweat dripping down the sides of my face as I ate the last pieces of stingray meat. Yummy. We sat there for a long 2.5 hour chat. R21 stuff! I was a bit concerned for the kids sitting around there, and having their dinner innocently! Anyway, we left the place at around 8 and sat a bus to Suntec. It was a crazily long bus ride, and I felt terribly sleepy then. Initially we wanted to go to Bugis, but it was too much of a walk so we hung out at Suntec for awhile.

After that we decided to go for desert and thus made our way to Marina Square's Swensons! All of us were still pretty full, but we went ahead with our order of ice-cream. I've decided - I don't like Lime Sherbet. The name's quite cool, but the ice cream doesn't really do anything for me.



Oh, and we ordered Calamari instead of fries. We took a bloody long time to think of what we wanted to eat and it took an even longer time for us to get the attention of the waitress! We got ourselves a regular Earthquake. While waiting for our food, we continued our chat and did a couple of silly stuff here and there. When the Earthquake came, Sequeena actually took a fork to eat the ice-cream!



It tasted really good. I can't wait to go back to Swensons again when I have the money! Haha! It's just lucky that the pay came in not too long ago. After that we walked around a bit more before sitting at the steps of the MRT station for one last round of chatting. Caught the last train home.

It's after talking to them that day that I got more and more insights on why my last relationship failed. It made me realise that maybe I'm just not grown up enough to handle one. And maybe I've overlooked too many things. I chose to ignore the problems. Even when I knew it was coming I couldn't get down to solving it. I just felt helpless, and afraid of failure. So maybe it is true. I'm the kind of person who runs away.

I now know what I should've done. But it's already too late.

Damn.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: