Friday, April 14, 2006

A Boring Week

For the life of me, I just can't understand how this week can turn out to be so boring. In fact, it was so lacking in memorable moments that I must've rotted through one week of my life just by being in camp. Monday was a day for recovery after an entire weekend of staying up late and watching Desperate Housewives. Nothing much happened on Tuesday except for the fact that there was a technical handling test for the combat shoot next week. It was also the day where there was physical training at the end of the day, but I was lazily laying asleep in bed. And I went to the canteen to enjoy a chicken burger after waking up. Sinful. On Wednesday morning there was circuit training. We ran two rounds around camp and I did much better than the last time I attempted it (7.45 + 9.30 vs 7.45 + 7.15). It was cut short due to Jun Yong. Still, it was a very tiring session.

The rest of the time was spent in bunk. When I'm not losing my 100th game of Chinese chess, I'd be reading up and taking notes on Bangkok. I think that planning the trip and heightening the anticipation of going overseas again is going to be as enjoyable as the trip itself. At least it's giving me something to look forward to. Lately I've been feeling that I'm wasting my life because there's no self-improvement and what I'm doing now is of minimal help to me in the future. On top of all that, the only OFF that I applied for for next Monday has been cancelled. I'm super disappointed.

Yesterday I had orderly duty. I didn't know I'd be lucky enough not to do CFT training, which consisted of route march in MOPP 4 and a mask run, which they didn't do due to the rain. I was guilty I wasn't going to "suffer" with my platoonmates. I know usually when people realise that they don't have to go through the shit, they become delighted and forget about others. Hmmm, I took a box of biscuits just before I left the bunk and told them they could have it and everyone was like saying, "No need!" So it was to my surprise when I returned only to find 2 more left, and that I didn't even get a bite of it in the end! Sad! The only consolation was that I bought in a cup noodle for the night. Also, I missed a platoon BBQ thingy held yesterday. Argh.

I know I shouldn't say this because there're people (in fact quite a few whom I know) who just enlisted last week, but I just can't wait to ORD. BOO.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: