Saturday, April 22, 2006

Bin' A Long Week

It has been a pretty crappy week in camp. First of all, my off for Monday and Tuesday had been cancelled. This effectively means that I haven't taken a single day off (on my own accord) for this entire month. I'm repulsed. On Monday, we had a table talk. I can't even remember what we did on Tuesday. Ooh, it was a briefing for the combat shoot. Why make it compulsory when someone can tell me the details when I come back?

On Wednesday it was the shoot itself. Had a great time eating a lot of food (I'm getting fat), namely the chicken rice, 2 ice creams, cheese rings and potato chips. That's a whole lot of junk food really. We had the craziest of conversations like what we would do if we had a lot of money. Answers include painting the White House black, turning the Pentagon into a circle. Stuff like that. My detail did decently enough for the day shoot, but barely made the night shoot. It was alright. Oh, yeah, and we had a hilarious time making me speak Chinese. Although I don't feel proficient in the language, I'm not uncomfortable when speaking it! Managed to listen to a few chill out tracks on Samuel's discman from the 50 First Dates soundtrack. Great stuff.

But it was because of the range that we missed nights out. And adding to the fact that I had no off made this an unbearably long week.

On Thursday we managed to rest for most of the day until the night where we had a long briefing for the next day's MOPP 4 4km route march and 2 km mask run. Charles was my buddy. It wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the mask run a little (I think I'm sick). It was really very endurance-testing. The time when I started feeling very tired came like 2 hours after the entire thing. I could barely keep my eyes open!

Today I went to register for my Basic Theory Test with Zhicong and Daniel, and after that went to have breakfast at Delifrance with Jie Yu, followed by a swim. I think I look a bit too dark because I forgot to bring sunblock with me and the afternoon sun was less than forgiving with its UV rays. Spent the next 4 hours shopping at Junction 8 and Causeway Point.

I cannot believe my luck. Yesterday I blogged about J. Lo and today, I see her 5-year-old On The 6 album on the shelves for 10 bucks. Okay, so what if it's the China versh? At least I finally got my hands on it. However, as expected, the album tracks were embarrassingly less listenable than If You Had My Love, Waiting For Tonight and Feelin' So Good. Still, it was a good buy. Ooh, and I got a white singlet. Apparently they labelled it M on the box when it was an L. I'm going to bring it back to change tomorrow. Bah.

And for the first time in my life, I might actually save 200 dollars for the month. But I may have to go without contact lenses soon.

The horror.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: