Saturday, April 01, 2006

Chillin'

Right, so I suppose that it's kind of strange to see me online today because I said I'll only be booking out tomorrow. This is all due to the lucky fact that I've been taken out from the duty because the teams have their own drivers already. Anyway, I went back on Thursday after taking Wednesday off and we had arms drill in preparation for some engineer parade next week. It's terrible. I think it's one of the most torturous things ever. That was only the warm up. Next week we'll be having rehearsals for 3 days and doing the actual parade on Thursday or something. Long hours under the sun etc. etc. That sounds very whiny of me but for the life of me I can't understand why a parade is considered entertaining. Blah.

In the evening after the RO I joined the physical training session. It wasn't quite as exhausting as the one on Thursday but still, it was quite a work out. PS found out that Sam dropped from gold to pass and jokingly said that he wanted to reduce his off. After that we went up to our bunks and jump roped a bit. Kenneth, Sern Hong and I tried to figure out the 'Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear' thing! I was tired already so went to the Section 1 bunk and sat around and read Theodore's 8 Days, and also created a bit of havoc singing Lady Marmalade with Samuel (actually most of it was him). It was hilarious to see Guo Fei's expression, hiding behind the guitar and all! Went for a shower and we were all stunned when Samuel brought the freaking radio into the toilet, and it played Will Young's Light My Fire. Sang along to that while taking my shower. Oops. I ended up having a war with Samuel which involved wet singlets and water hoses. Boo to Kenneth who said I was begging for mercy! WAS NOT.

On Friday I did Orderly with Charles as the CDS. Had a great time playing Chinese Chess (lost 7-2or3). The problem with me now is that although I can finally keep my pieces alive, I couldn't manage to checkmate him. Darn. Also read the Harry Potter book halfway. At night we watched the Beauty and the Geek, Extreme Makeover - Home Edition and Survivor. They were all bloody good shows that I've been missing on television. Imagine how cool it would be to sit on the sofa with a tub of ice cream and watching all that! Anyway, halfway through Survivor, both of us fell asleep! It was during that time that I was a very bad orderly. Shan't elaborate! Well, at least I admitted it! Was great working with Charles because I think there's some kind of er... chemistry. Calling it telepathy would be a bit much, but yeah.

This morning, I helped Kenneth take his contact lenses for him. Ivan, Charles, Sgt Nicholas and I hitched a ride in Sgt Eugene's car. Kenneth waited at the 103 bus stop just outside the camp, so I forfeited the ride all the way out to the main bus stop! We walked out together and he didn't bring his handphone along because he was going to run all the way home. He was decked all the way in white sports attire too, kinda like he was going to play tennis. Wow.

I went for a swim with Terence, Daniel and Sern Hong in the afternoon. Might update when I get a photo or two.



Oh, and I've just watched Britney Spears guest star on Will & Grace. I bet the viewership increased a lot just because of her. I mean, even people who don't watch the show know about it. Hell yes, even me. And the publicity has been going into overdrive for that particular episode ever since it got announced to the world that she was involved in it! Personally I thought it was entertaining to see Britney get her butt to work again and she was funny at times. It wasn't jaw-droppingly fantastic or anything like that, but it's a start. She is rather cute as a comedian and doesn't seem to have any major problems handling the role. Honestly, it's worth watching the whole thing just to hear her whisper conspiratorially, "Okay, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. I'm not who you think I am. My real name is Peg, and I'm a hardcore lesbian." Hilarious! And her facial expressions were dramatic and funny too. Okay, so maybe I'm a hardcore Britney fan. Don't watch it if you don't think you're not going to like it.

Might be catching Ice Age at 11PM later and have gym tomorrow, and maybe get a birthday present for a friend. Phew!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: