Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pushed My Button

Alright, I'll just put across roughly what I've been doing today. In the morning I met Wee Lee to go to gym. It's quite empty at 11AM and we both got to get an OK work out. For some reason, both of us were not on form, and felt rather letharic. Maybe it's the Nasi Lemak I ate just before going to the gym! Haha! We didn't chat much because we weren't even concentrating on exercising! I went with him to Marsiling where he took a bus to M'sia to go shopping.

After that I went straight to Yishun SAFRA. The entire place was surrounded with dark clouds and it looked like rain was imminent. However, I just went there to find Sern Hong. We chatted for a little while before Daniel and Terence made their grand entrance. It was a very normal swimming session and we talked about a lot of crap stuff, like last week's CFT! I have to agree that it develops espirit-de-corps (or whatever that's spelt!). After that we went to Northpoint to have a meal. However, Sern Hong felt he was going to be late for service so he left without taking a bite of anything! We took our dinner and played around with Terence's camera after that.



Okay, I know, it's a bit too much on the act-cute side. You'll never ge to see it again.

Anyway, I've got a little bit of a sunburnt after swimming yesterday with Jie Yu and today. The tan's a bit on the dark side, but it's sure to last a bloody long time. Haha... Oh and I've been stoning online till now. It's not very good for health. I'll be going to bed at 2315 if possible. Don't want to lose too much sleep like I usualy do during the weekends. I'll end up like a zombie tomorrow.

Okay, so there was a little something that a friend said to me that left me rather disappointed. By what he thought of me. By the image that I gave others. We were merely talking about the Singapore Biathlon, and I said it would be a good once-in-a-lifetime experience, and not a waste of time. It'd be something worth doing. He then said that that's because I "don't have much important things to do during the weekend".

Partially pissed off, partially disappointed I just told him that it was untrue. Then he asked what I did during the weekends. I didn't really wish to argue with him and defend myself. Yeah, I hate confrontations. I'm an escapist. I realised that again and again and again.

Anyway, it really made me reflect on my weekend activities. What have I been doing? Okay, so maybe the keyword for him is commitment. Well, yeah. I commit myself to relaxing during the weekends. I commit myself to exercising, and keeping myself fit. I commit myself to writing, to improve my language. I commit myself to pushing the boundaries of my life and discovering new things. I've done the Vertical Marathon, I've gone to Macritchie in search of the Tree Top Trail in the wee hours of the morning, I go to places of Singapore that I don't usually go to to eat. I'm cooped up in camp the entire week so I take the weekend to broaden my perspective of the world. Hell yes, and I take the weekend to catch up with gossip and whether Britney will be having another kid (because it fucking matters; everyone will be talking about it whether you like it or not, face it you vultures can't stop talking about her) and keeping myself entertained and relaxed. I've done everything I can to make my weekends eventful, stay in touch with the people I care about.

And by saying that I don't have much important things to do during the weekend, it just seems like you feel whatever you do is above me. I think I'll open up another of worms if I suggest what I believe he's thinking. So I won't.

Yes love, I have tonnes of commitments during the weekend. I'm not the one who complains that I'm bored. I don't want to confront you and force my opinions down your throat. Is this the only way I can put the point across to you?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: