Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter

After this time, I shall not come online till I finish the final book of the Harry Potter series. I have no idea why I love the book so much, especially since I caught on relatively late. I'm not exactly crazy over it. I don't own the previous book. But the excitement is just too much to bear. Someone ruined the Half-Blood Prince for me by telling me part of the storyline. It didn't give me the kind of kick from reading it for myself. Therefore I shall make sure that nothing gets in my way and I will find out the ending for myself.

Yes, I'm obsessed. And you can probably tell that the world is obsessed as well. Everyone is cranked up with anticipation. There's no release of a freaking book that would cost so much in security costs. I'm sure you'd have read about it in Life! today, or any other random entertainment websites that you'd have come across. I don't have to explain what a big deal this book is.

It signals the end of an era. We'll never know if there'd be series as big as this in our lifetime. It has manged to capture our imagination like no other.

I've watched the movie and I gave it 5/5. There was this bitchy ah lian complaining about how there wasn't enough action etc. but I think she went to watch the movie for the wrong reasons, and thus she ended up feeling dissatisfied.

Dumbass.

Go watch the movie if you're a fan, I think it's a rather decent adaptation. And to see most of the cast growing up, yet being so dedicated to the completion of the movie is just a rare and amazing sight. I felt for the various themes portrayed in the movie.

If you don't like it you obviously lack depth.

But I'm running in circles with this entry anyway. I can't wait to get my hands on the book, along with the rest of the world, in six hours. In six hours the tale that began in 1997 will finally meet its end.

In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: