Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Darkness

Sound of the piano plays
As I sit in the dark
Emotions dragged out of me
Like flashes in front of my eyes
Raw, bare
Tender

I try hard
To ignore
The negative
Only to feel that I’m grasping on
Nothing

The fans are still
The curtains unmoving
The haunting shadow of the window grill on the wall

Lines
Ending abruptly
Light
Weak
Sprawled over nowhere
Darkness
Enveloping

The strings begin
With its bows tugging at my heart
A sudden pause
I stop
I’m tempted to release it all in a flood
That I would not be able to hold back

But control
I would not like to lose
But the air is not moving
The temperature is rising
But I need comfort
In a form I cannot fathom
But to keep looking would be foolish
I should just sleep it off
But the music keeps playing
Thoughts in my head keep running

My throat is dry
Saliva doesn’t soothe it
It hurts more when I swallow
My thumb twitches involuntarily
There’s screaming and shouting
When all I want is my own corner
To drown in my
Own

Displeasure

Dissatisfaction

Unhappiness

Pain

To face up to them
So I can be free again.

01

No comments: