Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Seven at Sentosa

Okay, I know my face looks round in the photos. My mouth looks a bit swollen. In some of them I'm eating chocolates and in others, I have no excuse. Okay, I've got an ulcer at my lip and another on my tongue. It hurts to give my yang guang nan hai smile, so I'm frowning a bit more than usual. But that does not imply that I didn't smile at all during the trip. In fact I laughed more than I ever did in an entire semester! I think we have all types of humour. Everyone's really funny (well I don't think I am, but everyone else is). It's hard to share when most of our nonsense was R(A) and the audience being just ourselves.

Organising it was really fun. And the company was just fantastic, especially when we were doing nothing at all. After checking in, we chilled at the pool where we did nothing but float around and played with a random ball, with which we played fake Quidditch. We went down to the beach but the weather sucked, the sea sucked and the sand sucked. But we will persevere on our Become Gorgeous This Holiday programme. Compared to 2 years ago I'm not longer confident of my physique. I need to really work on that this holiday. We will continue with our work out regime next Monday!

After that we got changed and went to Kou Fu for dinner, before going to Cafe Del Mar. They checked all our ICs as we ordered alcohol which was kind of lame. Do we look like underage drinkers? I'll still go back there because I like the ambience but... it's just kind of weird. Topics that popped up were Zefron and 17 Again, as well as random bits of popular culture that revolutionised our generation - the likes of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings and Twilight. We talked about Interpersonal Communication - flirting, stages of relationships and then the rest of the night watching CSI in our room, talking about Image Sound Production - lights, sound and classic narrative structure.

We then contemplated and wondered if we learned nothing at all from being in CS.

We were armed with 2 packets of chips and a beer each. By the end of the night we got nothing left, which was quite sad. There was Eternal Time and we chatted till 2 AM and then had a hell of a time falling asleep.

q01

q02

q03

q04

q05

q06

q07

q08

q09

q10

Q11

I look back and I'm in awe of the chemistry that we have. Will we find the stuff we talked about funny in years to come? Will we do stupid things like having the guys look away while the girls change in the room when we are like, 30? Will we ever, when we graduate and can afford bungalows for chalets, squeeze 7 people on 2 beds with 2 pillows and 2 blankets although it was such a painful but funny experience?

01

5 comments:

fruityberry said...

HELLO. i have already said this but love your entry cause got many many words and nice pictures! i am half tempted to just steal your pics! hahaha.

jason kyh said...

hahaha.. yes! i know right! muahahaha... it's worth it. very long never go on such a trip, take so many photos and do up such an entry already. shiok!

GP Asia Restaurant said...

bo jio!
go sentosa chalet bo jio!
oh manz
i need a break from the routinization of sch life.
oh no,i m repeating my Sociology module notes!!!AHHHH!!!

jason kyh said...

woah u exams then why u still expect me to ask u? u brain spoil arh. u should continue to study ur sociology! hahaha... why u take sociology sia!

and there is no such word as routinization! =P

GP Asia Restaurant said...

there is lor
in my sociology notes/reading
no choice
clear UE
yes i brain spoilt
coz gt fren like u =P