Saturday, June 27, 2009

And In Turn

If I can't take it should I say no
And let go
Or hold on and wait
Do I have what it takes
To do what hurts for me
Because of my love for you
To place your happiness before mine
Because what I want to see
Is you
Smiling at me

I don't know why I can't
I wonder if time will make me better
A better friend
A better man
A better lover

Self-centered
I want you to be here for me
Every time of day
When I know that it's not possible
Because we're two seperate people
Sharing something that will hopefully make us one
Someday

If it's as easy as choosing your favourite pet
To love it and expect that it'll love you back
For every flaw you ever have
If only I'd believe the things I tell myself
If only my heart would obey when I tell it not to feel this way
Bitter
Helpless
And fucking angry

So I sit here
Torn by how I feel and how I should feel
Yearning for your touch, your attention
Your voice, your essence
And when it's okay
It'll all be sweet
Again

01

2 comments:

rossy said...

"If it's as easy as choosing your favourite pet
To love it and expect that it'll love you back"


Beautiful lines, truthful too, can totally feel it.

Is this your first poem?

jason kyh said...

haha... it is not! come on... I've written poems before. Just that they suck ok.

i enjoy writing them though. feelings and thoughts distilled to their essence... concentrated and powerful... works extra well when you're super emo. hahaha...