Saturday, November 28, 2009

AltLife S01E03 - Comes First

"And so when I went swimming again my coach said I become fat already! Cos last time at least can see a bit abs, then now cannot."

I laughed at the silliness of the comment. I was at Bobby's place, once again, teaching tuition. Or maybe not.

"Yeah lah! Study for exams then become like that. So I asked him to push me like crazy and swim until my whole body ache."

"I became fat studying for exams too. It's bad for health. I've been studying for 12 hours a day everyday for the past 10 days ok!" I proclaimed. Well, I was just lazy and studying was the perfect excuse. I was about to solve the question that he couldn't do on Trigonometry when he interrupted my thoughts.

"I want to be like Rain!" The image of the recent Life! cover sprung to mind. "It's like you get paid to get abs. Everybody wants abs, right! And then like they pay him to get abs! Like the actors in 300."

"Gerard Butler... but he's not that fit now."

"Yeah. People pay you to get abs. I want lor!"

I laughed. Yeah, I was sure at that moment Taylor Lautner was gloating and also, very proud of himself. 17, with a body that'll make any guy at any age jealous and making money from the Twilight franchise. Me? I facebook, faced books, owe the bank money for my University tuition fees, and looked distinctly average.

And here I was, teaching for a living. How unglamorous.

"Aiya, no need to train so hard lah! No girl want you also!" I said, taking a dig at him.

He paused for a moment before replying.

"No girl want me, I want myself."

01

No comments: