Sunday, November 08, 2009

Semester 5

Truth be told, this has been an awesome semester. I know there's probably been a lot of talk that it's the worst, but it's just probably because we like to complain.

Well other than the PI shit. That was total fail.

I've been pretty slack with my electives. Neither of them were inspiring. My core modules, however, were fantastic. For COM 401 I was part of a visionary project. The COM 432 was by far the best execution for a pitch. The module that taught me the most was COM 431. I haven't even finished learning all the useful stuff! The one that I'm by far the proudest of is COM 424, Writing for TV and Cinema. I've handed in the second draft and there're no exams for the module! It's done! I've got a good mind to post the silly script up here but we'll see about that!

In terms of parties, celebrations, adventures and friendships, well, this semester has pretty much everything. Once again I've squeezed as much as I could do into the little time that was available. Maybe what's different is that I'm having so much fun because of the people around me whom I enjoy doing work and living life with. You know you are.

I think I've also had one of the busiest semesters in terms of tuition kids. 4 PSLE, 1 Sec 2 and another Sec 3. My schedule was hectic and at times it was painful and even more painful for the kids because as awesome as I am as a teacher, my fuse is short when school work stresses me out. But I'm glad they understand. My more-than-average niceness made up for it.

As it comes to an end and we all hide at our own corners to prepare for exams after this last week of deadlines are over, I'm glad to not have to go to school and be able to plan my own timetable and do the stuff I like. The pace has been rather fast. Time to slow things down, be productive in mugging and at the same time, enjoy the simple things in life.

Like the jog that I went for this morning.

Awesome.

01

No comments: