Thursday, November 05, 2009

Bang Bang Boom

Of course I'm upset that I did not get the internship with the company that I want. I was really mad that the other company didn't grant me an interview. I was happy this one did, but well, I didn't get it. About a thousand questions ran through my mind. Did I say something wrong? Did I not sound confident enough? I enjoyed the interview, but there was surely something I could improve on since I didn't get the job in the end.

But I'm happy that Mel got it. If it were just any other person, or someone that I thought was unworthy, I would probably hate that person for life. I just have to accept it and move on to Phase 2, whereby students choose 6 companies and the computer system slots them randomly to each vacancy that is available.

I am very angry at CAO though. They are doing a really bad job. The lady in charge of our school is on leave at this period of time, where companies are supposed to confirm the students they have selected with the school. CAO feels that it is best that the companies speak through them.

Now I know why. When I called up the company and they had to tell me very nicely that I was on the reserve list and I was not chosen, it was somewhat weird and awkward. They knew that they had to go through the school but I'm so glad that they told me the news. I hate the waiting. The deadline for confirmation of internship was supposed to be yesterday. I waited and waited and downloaded the PI notices about 20 times in the past 2 days, only to be disappointed that it was not updated.

Now I don't have to download it any more. I can concentrate on getting rid of this semester.

01

No comments: