Sunday, August 21, 2005

Movie Marathon



We planned this outing for 1 month and 2 weeks almost, and we got to enjoy it yesterday. Finally!

I took 20 minutes to stuff the contact lenses into my eyes. I have no freaking idea why, but once they were in, it only took a single blink for them to end up at the bottom row of my eye lashes. I went to the VCD rental shop at Woodlands MRT station but I didn't manage to find any of the titles that we wanted to get. After searching through rows and rows of VCDs, I got a grand headache and decided to give up and take the bus to Zhenhui's house instead. On the bus, my left eye felt unbearably uncomfortable that I removed my contacts, flipped it around, and stuffed it back into my eye. It went rather well, except for the fact that a guy decided to plop down heavily on the seat beside me and almost caused me to drop the lens on the floor.

The ride was a short, 30 minutes. Hell, it'd be short if a) you had a Zen Micro to listen to all your favourite songs b) you're sleeping c) you're travelling from point to point within Singapore. For me, I had all three so it was a pretty enjoyable trip. I didn't alight at the stop I was supposed to until I saw Zhenhui walking towards it. Relisation struck me and I got off at the next bus stop, feeling a bit panicky. Anyway, we went up to his house first and woah, was it impressive. Spacious with beautiful furniture to match, I couldn't help but feel comfortable upon entering his home. And I had my jaws on the floor when I saw the humungous wide screen TV that we were going to have our movie marathon with. Wow.

We played a bit of racing on XBox before he started on his Korean rice. Shuming arrived shortly. Both of us hadn't exactly had lunch and so we were contemplating whether we should go out to eat. However, in the end, Shuming went to the kitchen and opened a pack of chips decisively. Problem solved. We started on our first movie starring Ashton Kutcher in The Butterfly Effect. The plot was very unique and I was quite impressed by Ashton's acting. The movie had me on my toes most of the time, and though Shuming and Zhenhui would testify that I tried to cover my eyes at some parts of the movie, I plead innocence! I merely went for a toilet break at one of the scarier parts. Oops.

The next movie we watched was a simple bimbotic affair starring Lindsay Lohan in Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen. I have to say it is the most boring Lindsay movie I ever had to sit through. The only highlight in the entire thing was that I got to hear her sing and she sounded as good as she was on her debut album, Speak, which I've been listening to, almost non-stop. Call me obsessed.

I don't care.

After that we decided we were hungry enough to go for dinner. Our initial plan was to order Pizza Hut, but we went to Compass Point instead. It just so happened (okay, maybe we weren't smart enough to realise it at that time) but the Pizza Hut was just overcrowded with people and there was a queue that stretched out from it. The other food places were pretty crowded too, so we decided to take a train to Pongol Plaza.



It was a rather tiny place and it took us barely 10 minutes to explore the entire place before settling on having Canadian Pizza. We ordered and asked for it to be delivered to Zhenhui's house. We went to NTUC and actually wanted to buy ice cream but in the end, we didn't. Boo.



We took quite a lot of photos while we were out and about. The three of us managed to get into this photo, which looked like a big success compared to our previous effort. I was pretty thirsty and drank Iced Mocha with Pearls from this Bubble Tea shop. It tasted pretty weird when Mocha's supposed to be a tad bitter but it was mixed with pearls drenched in honey. It was still good though.

We made our way back to Zhenhui's house and we almost thought the pizza would arrive before us. Luckily it didn't and we managed to welcome it with open arms.



The pizza was pretty good and we enjoyed ourselves eating and talking about a lot of stuff. Yeah, it was a truly satisfying bitching session. Loved it. Then we continued our movie marathon with the Keanu Reeves vehicle - Constantine. We were all watching it for the second time and believe me, it was as good as watching it for the first. I can't wait to watch it a third time even! It really is a great movie. However it was getting a bit late and I had to catch the last bus back to Woodlands, so we didn't finish watching it.

Overall it was a fantastic day. Simple, yet so enjoyable. Fab stuff!

No comments: