Sunday, April 22, 2007

A Reunion

On Wednesday the four of us met up again after an extremely long hiatus. It's probably been close to six months since we did anything together. We're all busy with our own jobs, with our own lives (Mr Ang ORD-ed a month ago!), but it was great, and crazy for us to get together again for this little adventure. Our chemistry is pretty good, even though we don't don't really go for vice on our trips (it's the things that you can't do, but do that gives a great thrill) we know each other so well that... nothing is unexpected and we work together pretty well.

Anyway, we met up at the coffeeshop near Daniel's place and had dinner. It was almost like we've never been apart. That sounds a bit mushy. We did a bit of last minute research before going to sleep. For some weird reason, I wasn't able to sleep and kept thinking of rubbish. Haha...

The next day we washed up and took a pic before leaving for JB!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah, it was kind of dark and I shun flash photography because of how uneven the lighting ends up, thus we still got a crap photo in the end. It's completely my fault. The T10 can do so much better!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We got ourselves a cab and made our way to the checkpoint.

And I'll spare you all the boring description of how we camwhored on the bus, and had our breakfast which consisted of pig organs.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We went to City Square for a browse, which turned into an enormous shopping spree. Well, for them, not for me! At least after I swore off buying clothes and stuff, I don't intend to spend so much money anytime soon! I think Daniel bought shoes. I can't remember whether they bought shirts though. There were some really good designs, and the berms were really good too. Very reasonable prices.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then we had an incident.

I went to play DDR at the arcade. I wanted to take a video but it would've been quite retarded. Anyway, Sern Hong joined me in playing. We put our bags at the machine and tackled the songs one by one. I enjoyed myself a hell lot. It would've been better if the music was louder and the screen wasn't only showing 3 colours! Anyway, we did a whole lot more shopping getting a cab and making our way down to this huge mall called Jusco.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I love how the taxi's can stop randomly to pick up passengers. Furthermore, you've got to bargain with them on the price, and that usually takes some time. It causes a queue to form up behind them, which is kind of insane to think, "Hey, I can make the traffic stop!". We went through about 5 before deciding on one who'd take us there for RM 15. When we reached our destination, Sern Hong, who was sitting at the front, was in charge of paying for the cab fare. However, he couldn't find his wallet and I ended up paying for it.

Thinking that it was just a moment of carelessness, we emptied his bag and looked for his wallet with him. We couldn't find it, and therefore concluded that he'd left his wallet behind somewhere. I remembered (I wonder if he did) that he took out his wallet and left it with his bag when we were playing DDR. Thus we made a trip back to City Square and searched the places that we've been before, but it wasn't sucessful, despite us being hopeful. We were all feeling quite down about it and pondered how we were going to continue our trip. In the end we went to Macdonalds for lunch and went back to Jusco.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The place was huge. At first it reminded me of IMM because of the high ceilings. Then when we explored further, it began to look a lot more like Vivocity with its expensive boutiques and wide layout. And then we did so much window shopping that we were so damn sick of shopping. We had our dinner at KFC, which was fantastic. Apparently, the meal there includes chips, and a lot of other stuff for a good price! Great, I'm beginning to sound like a cheapskate now right? I'm so poor after starting this month by spending so much money. After a visit to the toilet, we came across this play area actually dedicated for kids, but we ended up having what was probably the highlight of our entire trip.



I don't know how to explain it but in that moment that we were playing the four games, it was as if nothing else really mattered other than winning the silly game. (We're a bit competitive with vball.) I suppose it was really in that moment I could say I was truly happy. It's crazy that sometimes you go around spending the whole day looking for a defining moment, and you never never know what form they'd take. After that we made our way across the causeway, and headed home.

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, Bernard's nick has "Jason is leaving sony..." at the personal message part. Man, who knew it'd be so difficult.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: