Saturday, October 01, 2005

It's gettin' hectic...

I need to blog about last weekend where I literally had the time of my life. It was insane, I tell you, just insane! And that was the reason why I didn't have time to update at all! Anyway, on to the stuff.

On Saturday morning, I was late meeting with Wee Lee at Woodlands Swimming Complex. We went in and sat down to have a chat for a pretty long time. I saw my cousins learning swimming there and also went to have a chat with my aunt. It was a long time before we jumped into the pool and even then we were more concerned with catching up than swimming. I think we only did like 6 lengths of the pool in 2 hours. Oops! He was telling me about his army experiences and stuff. Turns out that he's got a lot of interesting things to talk about despite supposedly being "only" a clerk!

We left at about 12 noon and while waiting for Sidney to reply, we had Nasi Lemak, which was pretty cheap and totally lacking in the goods. Well, there's a price (or lack of) to pay for quality food.

We took a few photos of ourselves. Well, when there's only two of us, and embarrassing to find someone to take a photo so we just took some of ourselves anyway!



Lookin' kinda silly.

Anyway, after that we went to Causeway Point to have a walk around. There's a lot of stuff we came across at Cold Storage and I wanted to buy some stuff back home for the BBQ (and I should've so I wouldn't have had so much cash in my wallet so I wouldn't bring in so much cash and lose it in camp and cause myself to get a heartache over that money!). I'm playing up on the surprise factor at this BBQ, doing some unexpected stuff. So he and I sort of brainstormed through some things and well, I think I'll be meeting him today to get the rest of the food and interesting things!

I went back home for a short rest before getting my ass out to meet Jie Yu for the night. He went for a haircut so I strolled around outside the compound of our school. It really brings back a lot of memories just looking at the school compound. Yeah. Memories just kept flashing through my head no matter which part of the building I looked. Sigh, school life is still the best. When he finished his haircut, we went to Cafe Cartel at Serangoon Gardens. The food was pretty good as usual, and to our surprise, we saw Angeline. *gasp* I haven't seen my classmates in so long, and suddenly I see 3 of them in a day! JY was just telling me how that girl looked like her from the back and I sort of disagreed, but after we realised that it was her, I was pretty much shocked!

We got caught a soccer match before walking back to his place. Talked a bit of crap and listened to the songs on his Zen Neeon and I was kind of tired already and resting on the bed, ready to fall asleep. I was so tempted to enter the gates of slumberland when he said that the time had come (11PM) for us to go night cycling!

The trip was pretty exciting. We cycled from Serangoon all the way down to Kallang, heading towards the Esplanade. I cycled the path at the park where I ran for AHM. I must've been semi conscious at that time, because I just kept going. But it was on a speedy bike that I realised that I covered a hell lot of distance! We reached the Esplanade at 220AM. Saw a PC from BMTC Whiskey (who sort of recognised me although we don't know each other) at Dbl O. We then went to Orchard. I can't remember why. We cycled past his future uni - SMU and the new compound looks awesome. Really. And situated at a place like that, there'd be no doubt it's going to be happening.

The interesting thing was there were quite a lot of people who had just finished clubbing and that Yoshinoya and Long John Silver at Cine were both open. I thought that maybe Sequeena might've been at Rocky Master but it was closed already. We had supper at LJS basically just resting, chatting and refueling. I was so tired I couldn't register the fact that I was having food! We left the place at 3AM and from then on it was a crazy ride back. The route was supposed to be shorter but after a couple of wrong turns, and maybe my tiredness, it felt really wrong. However, we reached his house at the projected time of 4AM. I was super ready to concuss.



Took a shower and then soaked our legs in warm water! Hmm, I think that really helped my aching feet. I didn't feel that sleepy after the shower and neither did he so we had some fun with the NY yearbook. *censored* Fell asleep at 6 AM. It's been a long time since we did such lighthearted crap.

Two hours later I woke up and washed up. He was supposed to go teach tuition, but he had a bit of time so I left for Woodlands first. Luckily, I reached at 910AM or so because Mak was already there! We were supposed to meet at 930AM and he sent me a msg saying that it was ulu and he was salivating at everyone elses' Big Breakfasts! So it was kind of to his surprise that I reached early too!

We had our breakfast at Macs before walking around. The shops weren't really open and but by 10AM, TS, our favourite video and CD shop opened and we took our time to look at stuff. After that we went to watch the new Jackie Chan movie, The Myth. I didn't have high expectations for this film, unlike The New Police Story, which totally rocked. However, The Myth is a pretty good movie, which tries its darndest to include a plot amidst of the action. Also, it was an admirable effort to blend cultures together in this one movie. Languages featured include Korean, Chinese, Cantonese, Indian and English. Now, tell me where can you find such diversity! It was pretty alright, despite the scathing reviews.

I reached back home for a shower and danced along to Jolin Tsai's Cheng Bao CD for like 15 minutes and had to head on out again! Met Van at Toa Payoh (and she was late!) at 230PM. We headed on down to Parkway Parade and the food there was fantastic! There's even this outdoor place that we'd like to try one of these days. We had Or Lua there and that tasted like heaven. But the cholesterol... OOPS! After that we went to buy potato chips and mineral water.



Van and I enjoyed some time at East Coast on our own (and I saw my junior with his girlfriend *gasp*) and took a couple of photos as well. Mr Cheng and Yu Ting were equally late. I mean, I don't know how they managed to come late at exactly the same time. We played our favourite card game and chatted about tonnes of stuff. There just might be a Rigel gathering in the works if we can fix it in a schedule. I think I'll push for it, although I'll be pretty busy these months because of the Brunei trip. I think I need to gain experience at organising gatherings.

Well, we had a hell of a time playing Tai Ti and talking about our personal stuff. The wind was rather pleasant but it sort of started to turn into a gale! We packed up quickly, but not before I took a photo of Van and Yu Ting and their hair flying in the wind!



Look at that! The wind was howling all around us!

We rushed to take shelter and waited a while before we could go have dinner. Mr Cheng took us to this famous laksa place (and there's a lot of famous laksa places at Katong that we didn't know which was the original one). There were photos of the boss of the place with famous celebrities. The laksa was really good. It wasn't spicy and you could add spooonfuls of chilli to it and it suited everyone's tastebuds! Fantastic stuff really.

Had a long walk to Yu Ting's house before finding my bus stop and taking a bus to AMK and then a train back to Woodlands. It was my most happening weekend in weeks. Live life to the fullest? You bet! 48 hours, 2 hours of sleep, a swim, night cycling, a movie, a trip to East Coast, spent with 5 friends - Wee Lee, Jie Yu, Mak, Mr Cheng and Yu Ting, and dear Van... WOW!

No comments: