Saturday, October 15, 2005

Extremely Random Stuff

Sushi Buffet



The four of us went out last week (Sunday) for a buffet. After that we went to take a walk around before playing pool. It was pretty fun, although we do see each other all the time in camp!

My brother

I've just seen his results for his prelims. He did shockingly (insert most negative descriptive word here). He failed every single subject except for English and Maths, for which he got 50 and 51 respectively. What a joke. I think he should just get geared up... for another year of secondary school education.

Blogs

Xiaxue's blog has gone through a makeover and it's looking good! Her writing is still as entertaining as ever and with people sponsoring her stuff to do adverts for them, she looks like she could be the first Singaporean to make a living from her blog! I know a lot of people can't handle the way she writes, but that just make them pretty sad. Take everything with a pinch of salt, and enjoy.

Oh, and I've come across newsreader Timothy Goh's blog at Live Journal. It looks pretty cool and there are pretty deep insights about the world as well. And I think he shares the same birthday as me! Wow! I'd like to be a newsreader one day too!

Then there're two JC students' blogs which I read. I don't know them personally either. But when reading their stuff it's as if I was reliving my years in school again. Arh! There's Yishengo, whose blog is a bit cranky at the moment and _coldsilver_ , both in J2 I think, and both of them write pretty well.

Survivor

It was a good show yesterday. Pretty much. Blake, the "golden boy" got voted out. For a moment there I thought Brian was going to get out. It was nerve wrecking. Brian was pretty much the manipulative-inside-but-postiviely-nice-guy whom I thought played the game well. You can visit the Survivor site here to read up on what you've missed out and look at some of the photos. I can't believe it's the 11th season already.

The best part of the whole thing was what Brian said to the camera when he voted Blake out.



"You may be golden boy, but I'm platinum!"

Into The Blue



What can I say? I went to watch it last week with Vanessa and it was just entertaining. It was pretty watchable. No, wait, when you have actors like Paul Walker and Jessica Alba, anything'd be watchable.



The underwater scenes were all pretty fantastic and in terms of a cinematic experience, it was very good. However, it was driven by an average plot, and that's where the weakness of the movie was. It was easy to be distracted by the lack of a solid plot because of the aforementioned Walker and Alba and also Ashley Scott and Scott Caan. There was also the beautiful view of shark-infested ocean off the Bahamas.



In addition, there're some clubbing scenes and lush resorts and swimming pools. This is a movie that's easy on the eyes, moderate on the suspense, forgettable and only entertaining for the moment.

Army life

This week I had orderly with Sgt Shawn on Monday, and then 16km route march on Tuesday. After that, the week passed quickly. Yayness! There was a 4 x 2km power run on Wednesday afternoon, after which we had dinner and Daniel and I played Volleyball! We didn't go for nights off at it was already too late. On Thursday evening, Terence, Daniel, Shawn, YC and I played volleyball till almost 10PM. Daniel Chan, Sern Hong and Guo Fei joined in at some point or the other too. The 5 of us tried to keep the ball up for 25 hits (originally 30) and it proved to be real challenging.

Arh. I love volleyball. It just makes being in army worth it.

Did I mentioned that I absolutely detest my hairstyle now? I will try my best to stay away from the camera till some semblence of my former self shows up.

On Friday we had outcamp run at Fort Canning. It was a pretty good run despite the un-dry weather. There wasn't a downpour, but steep and wet slopes don't exactly make fantastic running tracks. After that the platoon split up for dinner, with Guo Rui, Sern Hong, me, Zhi Cong, Yun Shen and Daniel going for Burger King. Terence, Shawn and YC joined us a bit later while the rest of them went to Mcs.

Played DDR with Sern Hong. Had the time of my life. Spent some time stoning around in the arcade with the rest of them but that few minutes on the DDR machine was enough to make me high for a long long time!

Vanessa

Thank you for everything. For celebrating my birthday with me at the Sky Garden last Sunday. For the fantastic shirt from Topman. And especially the thing you made for me... That's the most special thing I've received I think. Ever! Oops.

*shy*

Tintin and Harry Potter

Tintin is all the rage in my bunk. Well, maybe not. I don't know. I brought along another tri-story comic of Tintin (which is the ONLY comic I've ever touched) to read during orderly duty. It's been in popular demand with my section mates and especially so my buddy, who laughs out loud while reading it. He's as comical as the book!



Hmm, the QM Sgt and PC2 borrowed it from me during my duty. And then it's being passed around in the bunk. I remember how I had the whole set and lent it to almost everybody in class when I was Primary 3! Okay, I was a kid then and having that collection of books made me feel like the popular guy in class!

I can't believe I said that.

Well, years since then, the love of Tintin has yet dimished as shown by all of us. It's a great read. The guy who wrote it is extremely talented.

Also, we're all going nuts over Harry Potter. I finished the fourth book, The Goblet of Fire on Friday, and I only started reading it on Wednesday!



It is (to me) by far the best book of all. Except perhaps maybe the last book. The movie will be out next month to thrill fans all over the world and I'm going to keep my eyes peeled for it. Ooh, and everyone in bunk's reading Harry Potter too. The Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban , the Half-Blood Prince etc. etc. Yay to HP Fever!

No comments: