Sunday, June 11, 2006

Distracting Myself

It's been a very trying week. But I've made it through!

Despite booking in on a Tuesday, it still felt like I've been spending too many days in camp. And I had off on Friday even! I think I'm spoilt. I'm trying to make serving army not like I'm serving army. It's complicated. The only time I got to go out was Tuesday's nights out where I chatted with Terence at Serangoon Central's Macs before having dinner there with Ryan.

I had duty yesterday, which was kind of crappy. In the morning, we watched House of Wax. Yay to Paris Hilton's portrayal of sexy cheap dumb blonde who's sexy. Did I mention that she's sexy in a blue jumper-thing? Oops. Spent a lot of time sleeping. However there was one thing I did that made the entire day worth living. I know it sounds a little exaggerated. Anyway YC asked me for a run around camp. 6 rounds actually. The total distance was slightly more than 10km. I thought I was up to it, but after the first 2 rounds, which were really intense, I wanted to give up. However, thanks to YC, I managed to finish it. It has been a long time since I've ran such a distance. And I've probably mentioned it before, that running makes me tired, but so alive at the end of it all. Breathing deeply, muscles painfully aching, but the mind is just so clear. They call it the runner's high. Endorphins are good for health.

After that heard a1's first album which YC was playing in his bunk, and really brought back quite a few memories. Good stuff. At 9 I watched the soccer match between England and Paraguay. And although I don't know much about soccer and that this is probably the first match I've watched since Euro's Portugal and Greece showdown, my thoughts echoed that of others. It was a pretty boring match and that England being more on the defensive during the second half made it a rather sad game to watch. I thought Lampard was real good though!

I was supposed to go swimming with Mak in the afternoon. Actually we decided to go for a karaoke at Chevrons but he had a sorethroat. We wanted to go for a swim but it got cancelled due to the weather. It's pretty fucked up these days. HELLO. Can it stop raining already? We wanted to go play pool but there wasn't pool at CWP. We wanted to watch a movie but they were all too late. We wanted to eat Jacks' Place (I've been wanting to for a very long time already) but it was already after lunch time, food was freaking expensive. We ended up sitting down at Burger King and had our meal there. Chatting to him was great; it really took my mind off a lot of stuff, and the fact that I was damn troubled. I know it didn't really show, at least I hope not, because I like to think of myself as a person capable of showing whatever emotions I want to portray at the point of time. Anyway, I'm bloody grateful for him for going out with me.

I also just had a haircut. Usually, no haircut is too short for me. But now it's so damn short... Amazing. Photos tomorrow because I'm going to have a pretty happening night!

Zhenhui used Shuming's phone and called me when he was over at Shuming's house!!! Like, WTH?! Why wasn't I invited. Super scandalous. So being the spoilt brat that I am (I'm hardly capable of taking care of people, it's usually the other way round ... most of the time anyway)I demanded that we go out tonight. I am damn excited that I have something to do tonight already!

Did I mention that I have off tomorrow? So I'm going to be staying out all night.

To Eric and Ryan, I love both of you as my friends, and you guys made a huge difference in my life the past 8 weeks or so. Without both of you, it'd have been a whole lot less fulfilling. Sometimes it felt as if I was reliving my whole BMT experience again, which was cool. You guys brought me out of a place where I felt so trapped, shared your stuff with me, became a part of my life that I couldn't have done without. I appreciate the fact that both of you took the initiative to know me. Honoured. Touched. And now, all I really want, is for both of you to be happy. =)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: