Sunday, June 18, 2006

She's The Man

Yesterday I met Junior at Cineleisure to watch She's The Man. Although he has already watched it, he was nice enough to accompany me to watch it! Haha... I knew for a long time that this movie would be pretty good. It's just some kind of gut feeling in me that told me that I shouldn't miss it. And sure enough, it didn't disappoint.



After that we went to have Mudpies at NYDC. My favourite alcohol is Irish Cream, so when I saw that there was an Irish Cream Mudpie, I chose it without hesistation! It was bloody good. The problem with the outdoor NYDC is that the sunlight from the setting sun is super glaring and it made the place kind of hot. Only certain areas where shaded away from the sun, but those that were in the shade were rather noisy! So we ended up eating under the sun. Kind of like a picnic! Haha! Went back home rather early because I had a Father's Day buffet at my grandparents' house to attend!

Enjoyed myself a whole lot from all the talking and the photo-taking!

Okay, on to She's The Man!



It's a hilarious movie that will get you laughing from beginning to end. It's full of teen humour. And another one of those feel good movies. The various actors portrayed their "labelled" charcters very well. The jock, the bimbo, the nerd, the ugly etc. It was refreshing to see all the new faces acting together and bringing this movie to great heights. It's very good for a teen flick (I've been hearing bad things about Just My Luck already! Poor Lindsay Lohan!), probably because it's based on a Shakespeare story! It has a happy and predictable ending, as expected, but instead of coming across as cliche and seen-it-all-before, the story is told in such a way that you really wish the happy ending would come true!

Isn't it a fantasy that all of us want to believe in?

One of the most outstanding actors is model-turned-actor Channing Tatum. I forsee him doing really great things in the future!


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: