Sunday, January 13, 2008

Hold On

I spent quite a bit of time writing that piece last night. I look back at it now and I must say I'm not quite satisfied. I suppose I'm a bit rusty. I've included details that were meant to grab attention but were irrelevant and served only to break the momentum and mood of the story. Also it started off as a descriptive thing of relaxing at the patio (which is obviously fiction because I don't own a place with a patio) but I got caught up and felt compelled to inject some of my inner most feelings and thoughts that I've been running away from. That's not to say that I've just spilled out how I feel exactly, just that I've been inspired my some of these unhappy thoughts. Ooh, and I'm disgusted that I used the word "force" and its other forms at least thrice. I haven't written in a long time so it was a welcomed warm-up for me. I acknowledge its crappiness but I'll work harder on it.

I had one session of tuition in the morning and I've got two more later. After that I'll be heading back to hall for Cheerleading practice. It sort of reminds me of the time that I was involved in preparing for last year's Dnd, except this time round it's much more intense.

School starts tomorrow! Like officially, with tutorials and everything. BOO.

01

This photo was taken a couple of weeks ago as Angeline organised a class get-together lunch for Puay Leng who's leaving for an exchange to Suzhou. It was nice to hang out with them again. In fact I was hoping we'd have this kind of gathering more often. However, as with every huge group, there's conflicting schedules and all of that to coordinate. The next time we'll meet up is probably during CNY, which is coming soon! I can feel it in the air already!

I'm going to take more initiative asking people out. I've got no money though (don't give me the you-don't-need-money-to-go-out crap). There're textbooks to acquire for this semester. Argh! And I'll try to be more spontaneous and get rid of the "book me a week in advance" nonsense. Although truth me told I am very very busy. Shuming's coming back from Amsterdaam (land of sex, drugs and rock'n'roll) on Saturday! Can't wait!

"Understand that friends come and go,but for the precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle because the older you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were young."
-Baz Luhrmann, Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen)
01

No comments: