Friday, January 11, 2008

Gold Blue White

Something's terribly wrong. I don't look as young as I used to. I thought I looked 18. But now I definitely don't. Age is catching up with me. I don't know if I'm not catching enough sleep, or not drinking enough water. I'm definitely not feeling stressed because the holiday has been rather enjoyable (and it doesn't stop till add/drop stops). Now I'm beginning to think that it might just be the hair. I'll blame it on everything else other than the fact that I'm beginning to see all the terrible age-lines around my eyes. I'll get my hair cut by next week. It would probably look nicer with my cheerleading costume.

Cheerleading. I've been at practice everyday since Monday, and there're 9 more practices to go in the next 11 days. I've improved vastly since the first time I joined, and I actually regretted not going for the sessions before the exams. Nevertheless despite the lack of experience and strength, I've managed to perform stunts that I'm growing more confident of daily. Teaching and practising the dance has been great fun too! I'm nervous yet really looking forward to the 23rd where we get to perform in front of everyone, especially our own hall, to show them that the effort that we've put in has paid off, and for them to be proud of us.

That reminds me of Zhi Wei's words at the waterpolo's team last meeting at 60 benches this week where he said that no matter our standard we should be proud to get the chance to represent the hall. It was a great get-together and it provided closure for the team's efforts for this IH. I did think that our exit from the games was a tad premature considering the time and energy that was invested, but I wasn't there to see the final game so I don't think my comments are that valid. Anyway, there's always next year and with Daniel and Kelvin around, I think next year's team would be good. Initially I had my reservations about joining polo again but I'm going to start training up my stamina now whenever I have the time this semester so I'll be ready for the next IH. It's still 11 months away!

Speaking of hall activities, there seems to be no end to them. Next Friday is Supper Hop and my roomie's one of the people who had a pivotal role in organising it! Hall 12 peeps, if you haven't gotten your tickets yet, get them now! I think all you've got to do is approach any of the Social Sumbcomm people and they'd be able to help you get them. It's only 4 dollars for a night long of journeying to all corners of Singapore to enjoy good food. (Yeah, I'm blatantly advertising.) I'm so glad that there's no cheerleading on that day so we can go for an entire night of feasting! Surf n Sweat is coming up and it looks really exciting. Okay, so that isn't a hall activity, but I feel like joining. Then there's Beach Out which will happen mid-Feb. I've already missed 2 consecutive meetings and not contributed as much as I'd like, for which I'm really apologetic. There's still some time for me to get the logistical stuff done and I hope it'll be a great success. Ooh, and there's PNP for DND too, which I was hoping would be my biggest contribution to hall this year... just that I need to put in a lot more time and effort into it - the kind that I put in for stuff like Waterpolo and Cheerleading.

It's been a rather retarded week at school today and I think add/drop is kind of sucky. I haven't got what I wanted and I'm disappointed at some of the very retarded timings of my tutorial. My Wednesday is currently 830AM-10AM lecture followed by a tutorial at 330PM. Like... WTF. I tried to swop but an earlier tutorial slot got snatched almost the very second STARS came online. Rawr.

One more last thing - I'd like to thank Andy for being such an inspiration, himself being a great example of what he believes in and sharing his knowledge with me. Now I'm really motivated (okay, at least a bit more than I was before Monday) to improve my fitness because as you said, people are pushing themselves to the limits and breaking barriers all the time. It is just not enough to be merely satisfied with mediocrity and staying stagnant. This is the semester. I'll set goals, push myself harder and see some results. Including academic results. Dammit.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: