Tuesday, January 01, 2008

New Year

I think it's kind of cool to have your birthday on the eve of the eve of New Year's but sadly the honour doesn't fall on me but my roomie...

01

Daniel!

01

It's been some time since I've had the chance to sit down with him for a long chat, but I'm sure there'll be plenty of time for that when school reopens next week! The person to come back to after a day of crappy school or some random activities and the first person I turn to whenever I've got problems in hall! Haha... always reliable. Okok, I promise to clean up the room tomorrow when I get back! Or at least make my end of the room neat and tidy...

I have an extremely cute video accompanying this photo that makes me burst out in fits of laughter whenever I watch it. All the acting...

01

The three of us (LQ, YP and I) went to his place to give him a small celebration before a couple of rounds of mahjong! For the first time this holiday, I didn't lose! I credit it to learning from my previous session with the army guys where I lost 15 dollars!

01

After a shower we went to the guest room and got him to open his presents! We got him 2 Polo-Tees and a bag. Hoped he liked it because he tried it out for us and they all looked on him!

The next day... we went out to the market to have breakfast. Sugarcane accompanied Chai Tao Kuay, Laksa and porridge. We ran around getting drinks and more stuff for the night's BBQ. Immediately after lunch (which was YP's great idea of pizza which we bought from Cold Storage), we went to play basketball.

It was a crazy game of 2-on-2. For a guy who didn't even know what the hell a double was, it was kind of confusing! I did enjoy myself a lot though and it didn't take too long for my entire T-shirt to be drenched in sweat. All of them had an equally intensive experience too! I didn't know it'd be that easy to incorporate a small session of physical activity when all we were expecting to do all day was nua. After a shower, all of us rested promptly in the guest room until we heard Sandar's loud voice announcing the arrival of Yu Lian, Wei Fang, Kelvin and Sandar herself!

01

We had, what must've been one of the most delicious BBQs of my life. Haha... Kelvin was doing most of the cooking, while I managed to get a couple of marshmallows from Liqi. We made fun of each other, gossiped, and devoured the humungous pieces of squid, tender chicken wings and juicy mushrooms! My main contribution was, mainly, peeling the prawns, which wasn't very easy! After we finished the meal my four fingers didn't feel like they belonged to me!

01

We then celebrated Dan's birthday proper!

01

I liked how it was a cosy affair, where we sat around the table and enjoyed each other's company. I think I'm beginning to learn what makes a good night, good. We went to play mahjong and cards before sending Weifang to her friend's place. Dan then drove us to 7-11 to grab a Bacardi Breezer and we counted down to the new year with Channel 5 (where the MCs hosting made me feel slightly uncomfortable).

It was great to embrace the the new year with embraces with people who'll be making all the difference in your life for the next 365 days.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: