Friday, August 22, 2008

New Season

I've not been updating the blog as often as I like because I've been updating (jac says hi. happy birthday jac jac!!! =) ) another blog - the Hall 12 DND blog. The results have been very promising. I think blogging has served me well and it's fantastic to be able to put what I've learned about the Internet to good use. It's crazy because I've been updating the blog almost every day but it's all worth it seeing the amount of publicity it has generated, even outside of hall.

DND will be the last event of this work year before the new season starts. New committees are being formed, there're elections going on etc etc. I ran for Social Sect for my school CI Cluband was informed last night that I've got it. I was a tad surprised in a good way. It was a really unfamiliar feeling, being told that you've been chosen for a post, not by one person, or a group, but the school population. Realisation of the implications of being voted in only struck me when I was told that I got it.

Thanks to all who voted for me. Your support is my motivation.

Edwin and Hendric ran for Social too and they did a fantastic job. The board the put up was brought them crazy publicity and in terms of standards it was probably one of the best promo material that got put up around school for elections. I'm honoured to have gone up for elections against them. I had hoped to have the chance to work with one of them but from what they last told me, they are going to withdraw and run for our school ad hoc instead. But since they're really cool and told me that it was because they wanted to work together rather than they didn't want to work with me, I wish them all the best in whatever they'll be organising.

PBK01

In addition to other DND projects that I've been slogging on, I've finally finished designing the programme booklet. I'm really very proud the final product after having spent hours on it. I can't wait to see it in hardcopy. I was inspired by this, and later on the CD sleeve of Futuresex/Lovesounds. The process was really exhausting though. I'm just glad it's done.

There's still the pageant video.

Somebody stop me.

01

No comments: