Thursday, August 14, 2008

Such Great Heights

If there were a stop button for time, I'd not hesitate to give it hard jab, take the equivalent of 24 hours to sleep before reaching for the play button.

FOC was a blast for me and it was a huge thing that I put a lot of work into to make it successful and it was great while it lasted. I was super tired though and last week wasn't nearly enough for me to recover.

I spent the weekend filming for Shannon for his first "major production" - Fang Shou. I was honoured to be chosen and although there were times I felt that I could have done better, I was thrilled by the number of times I managed to do shots that required very few takes. I think I did a decent job! I had an insane schedule for four days starting from Friday. We had a shoot at Sentosa, then at Pasir Ris the next day, after which we travelled to Orchard Road, NUS and Alexander Arch. Sunday I did a scene of Ray being unable to sleep as huge lights lit up the bed. I also had scenes to do at Shannon's place on Monday, where I played mj and didn't even win a single round. Dong. Nan. Xi. Bei. I won none! Anyway, it was really enjoyable working with the rest of the cast as well as the crew. I felt like a little kid working with them, fresh, green, and they were just like the rest of the CS seniors I've come across in the past year - confident, charismatic and very talented. I really hope that after I've been through as much of this course in this environment as they did I'd turn out to be like them!

This week has been a crazy week for the DND committee as we prepare for DND which happens on 30 August as well as the bash this Saturday at Velvet Underground. I've been busy with the DND blog, taking photos, editting them, writing the posts... and I'm really proud that I've been given the chance to be a pageant coordinator on the side. It's been fantastic interacting with the freshies these days although it's been terribly exhausting, dealing with school, with PNP, with pageant training, choreographing the dance and then teaching them. The best thing though is that I feel so proud that all our hardwork paid off and they are actually progressing. In no time at all they should be confident to take on the stage like it's their playground. I also feel like the big bro of the guys along with Yixiang. Initially I cared quite a bit about who would win what, but as I've had a chance to work with them I get to see all different sides of their characters and how they are as people. We all know how pageants work. To a large extent they are chosen based on looks, but it's fantastic to see their personality shine as well, which I guess is what all of us PCs are doing to make it happen.

And then there's school. Tutorials have started this week. Add/Drop is going to end soon. It's time to take things seriously although now I feel like I cannot be bothered. I'm too caught up by everything else I guess. Everything else seems more thrilling, more exciting, more fresh...

Or maybe I just need a break to get my priorities right again. I should actually set aside some time where I have nothing to do, so I can be spontaneous and maybe do something... just because I feel like doing it at that time and not something I've planned way in advance.

I am so fucking exhausted.

01

No comments: