Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Making Grand Plans

When Ness told me the e-bill for the school fees were out, I freaked out. I saw it for myself today and it was $370.75, half of my internship allowance. I have 3 tuition jobs but it's still not enough. When is money ever enough anyway?

Ever since a friend put the idea in my head, I've been telling my other friends that I want to be an air steward at SIA. It is kind of strange and not at all related to my degree but it's going to give me good pay and the opportunity to travel. The money's better than any job I could possibly get. It's an interesting experience too.

After internship I'm thinking of working at Resorts World Sentosa. As a bell boy. I know it's not exactly a glamorous job but if I were to work at one of the IRs I think it would help if I had some experience in hospitality! It's a part-time job after all. It would probably keep me busy before schools starts. Who knows, I might be able to do it during the school semester too.

Once a week, after a day of work, I would teach tuition. After the lesson I feel a sense of satisfaction, like I've helped the kid and made a difference in his life. I have this sneaky suspicion that I will enjoy teaching. However I've heard of my teachers complain about teaching in Singapore. In addition to that I won't be able to party, say fuck on my blog and have to be wary of my public image. Be kid-friendly. I don't think I would be able to do that!

I'm somewhat stressed. There's a Genting trip planned for post-PI. Then there's also a grad trip to New Zealand. There're loans to be paid. Yes, I think the point is, there is money to be made.

A lot of money.

01

No comments: