Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Start of Internship

Internship is a really exciting period of time. We get to learn from each other and experience more than what we do at work. We also bond closer together despite not being able to see each other as often as we would if we were in school. I'm really excited about being with my friends, seeing them and talking to them. My whole week is lined up with meet-ups! I think I need a break from enjoying myself!

Ooh, there is also an awesome gym at my workplace. Hopefully I'll get to use it.

It's kind of weird to build my life around work. It's now my "new" life. It's kind of tough learning another culture, doing things a different way and my shoes hurt me because my socks weren't thick enough! As with everything, there're pros and cons. I'm hoping to strike the balance, let the pros cancel out the cons, be positive and try to achieve as much as I can in my, roughly, 120 days of work.

I've only been at work for 2 days. Gah.

01

2 comments:

Stanley said...

Yes, you are totally enjoying yourself too much this week. I am envious.

As for adapting to the new culture, please don't lurk in the shadows for a year before taking steps to integrate yourself into the society like you did in CS. Haha!

And balance is overrated! Go full blown positive and be deliriously happy!

jason kyh said...

thank you so much for being awesome.