Thursday, June 29, 2006

Secrets

Okay, the reason why I'm online these couple of days is because I'm sick. Well, some people may think that it's a great form of escape that I managed to book out to stay home, but when it feels this bad, it isn't really worth it to get sick just to get out of army. And I'm scheduled to be on off today anyway. I could do without feeling this bad. Anyway, I went to the sick bay for a couple of hours and was poked 3 times before the IV drip was set up. I know that the pain was in no terms excruciating, but it did hurt. However it made me feel thankful to be alive and okay; I felt that I shouldn't take my health for granted.

It's amazing what a few seconds of pain can teach you.

I've got a flu, a stomachache and a bit of a fever. I don't feel very well. I wanted to clean up the place a little before I had my friends over this weekend, but I guess I might be too tired to do it. I just might do it later in the day.

Ooh, and I drank a can of beer during cohesion, and I realised that I couldn't take any more than that. But who the hell invented beer anyway! I can't finish a couple of gulps without screwing up my face in repulsion. Not that I let anyone see it though. Yeah, it took that one can to get my face flushed and my brains to function less-than-normal. I know my limits better now. The first time I started drinking was in J2. Guess I was of legal age then, and I puked. And then there was my birthday where my ex came by to give me a surprise, and I was wasted. I'm not on good terms with alcohol, but...

Well, I learnt that everyone has their secrets and you can never get to know 100% of anybody. But the extent which you open up shows how much you trust the other person, and how much that person means in your life. I'm glad I've got a couple of good friends like that, but I haven't met them in a really long time. It's not an excuse, it's a reason - I'm saving up for the Thailand trip which is happening next weekend! I'm really excited about it. It's the only thing I look forward to nowadays.

With regards to secrets, I've been reading this and I found it real meaningful. Real life is always stranger than fiction. And it's comforting to find that everyone has something to hide. And we, as people, might not be that different after all.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: