Sunday, December 17, 2006

More To Life

There's gotta be more to life
Than chasing out every temporary high to satisfy me


Ooh yeah Stacie Orrico sure was right when she sang that. I went to Velocity (not Vivocity dammit!) and I bought 2 shirts. One for myself and one for David, whom I'm meeting tomorrow. It's definitely not as cool as the "Cam Whore - I'm a star (on my own blog)" t-shirt that he got me. However, it's still an interesting design, comfortable material - I actually put effort into getting it! That's the challenge of getting X'Mas presents - making it a surprise and not being absolutely sure that the other party will like it. Anyway, I got a long-sleeved T for myself which had the dictionary explanation of RESPECT on it! I was looking for a V-Neck actually, but I guess I'll do with something less provocative.

I also got a copy of Jolin's Wu Niang album yesterday. Not only did I finish watching the DVD, I also sang Karaoke (with a very old mic) to some of the songs till 130AM in the morning. Work stress makes me crazy.

So as I was saying, I can't be chasing every temporarily high to satisfy myself. But I just can't help it! I need some kind of instant gratification for all that hard work, and sometimes nothing does that better than retail therapy. Yes, I'm still finding something that gives me more... and I think that there'd be some people who would point me in the direction of religion, but I don't think it's the thing for me. Well, at least not yet.

Anyway, Christmas is coming. And since I don't celebrate it in a religious sense, let me just give my two cents' worth of what the holiday means to me. From my limited knowledge and stuff I've learnt as a kid through cartoons, it's the time where you come together with your loved ones (as with every excuse of a holiday), show gratitude to the people you care about, a season to be jolly, of giving, and a time to celebrate and indulge in childhood innocence and fantasy again.

In a time where I know what I'm working towards, I feel more lost than ever.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: