Friday, September 29, 2006

Amazing

Aside from not getting any off this week, the three gatherings I have with friends consecutively from Thursday till tomorrow got cancelled one by one for various reasons.

When I told you I had problems - there you have it. So I can't take on anymore.

I'm despondent.

And for the meaning of that word, I'll have to use a story by my platoonmate Bryan to illustrate the meaning of the word. He is, if nothing else, a master storyteller.

"One day, you buy a goldfish and put it in a nice fishbowl. After you come back home from work, it dies.

You feel sad.

The next day, you get another goldfish, and after you come back home from work, it died too.

That's sad.

The day after that, and following that, you get a goldfish a day, only to see them floating belly-up in the water, dead. And then you've decided that you've had enough of this fuckshit.

You buy 50 goldfish at one shot, and a humungous tank. You return home happily after a hard day's work...

... just to see them dead.

You become despondent."

Show, don't tell.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: