Monday, September 11, 2006

Stronger Than Yesterday

My grandma passed away on Friday, at about 0125 or so. I got received the news rather late - at about 9 or so, after I completed the run in camp. I didn't tell everyone because it's just kind of weird. I won't know how to deal with their reactions. Anyway, I got there just in time as her coffin was about to be sealed. So I guess that explains what I've been busy with these couple of days. The funeral ends tomorrow. Since then it's been a lot of travelling and waitering and stuff like that. I'm tired.

I'm not asking for sympathy and you don't have to give it.

The thing is that after all this pain and stuff my family has bonded stronger together. I guess that's the greatest thing we all gained these couple of days. Without the distractions of other things (computer, music, other people), and having to face the adversity, depending on one another became a natural thing. I've gotten to know my siblings better, and caught up with their lives - something I've been missing out on for a couple of years.

IMF starts today. I hope everyone's proud, and enjoys what they're doing. I'll be having duty on Wed, Fri, Sat and the following Tues. Although I'm afraid of screwing up, I can't wait to be in the thick of all the action with my platoon. One last time.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: