Thursday, September 21, 2006

Post Ikea

I forgot to bring my camera out yesterday, but then again I didn't look too good (but the food did, and you won't get to see it!) so I guess it's a good thing afterall! Both of us met at Redhill and took a bus to Ikea. I love going there because it reminds me of the times that I was studying with Jie Yu and then there's always the fantastic, affordable furniture. You get weird ideas about sprucing your living environment, and then tempted to get a few affordable bits of furniture.

Anyway, the first thing we got down to was lunch. Zhenhui had this Ikea friends card (which you can only get if you spend 300 bucks in one purchase, boo!) and so there was a discount on the meal of the day which happened to be the meatballs! I can't believe that although I've been there a couple of times already, I don't ever remember guzzling the meatballs. While I was eating, Edmund messaged me to remind me to try them, to which I replied that I already gotten a couple of those delicious things down my throat! The sauce is just fantastic. And I never knew you could eat potatoes with jam - a fantastic combination.

After that the both of us spent almost two hours shopping. My mom called and as usual, whenever she realised I was in Ikea, she'd ask me to buy a few things back for her. This time it wasn't so bad, only about 4 tea towels! Zhenhui got a chill-out table lamp, and a the bulb, and a lot of cupboard boxes. I didn't get anything much, just batteries (which are really cheap there and come in tens in this sunflower-yellow box) for 3 bucks and 15 hangers! I've decided to start doing something to my wardrobe and what better way than to start standardising the hangers, rather than using those random hangers which sometimes have pointy ends and spoil my shirts!

Anyway, I've got a tonne of furnishing ideas after the checking the place out, but even though I don't mind spending money on them, it makes me wonder about the permanence of my living space. I think I'll be staying in hall in NTU, and then I don't know what age I will be when I move out of my house. It made me realise how old I am already, and that I'd be facing plenty of turning points in my life faster than I can adapt to the changes that they bring.

After that, I pigged out on the curry chicken, which was the dish of the day or something! It didn't taste that good, but then again, there isn't much there that's comparable to the meatballs! Zhenhui and I chatted about our lives and a lot of other stuff. I realised that I'm very comfortable with him and it's amazing how we were only in the same class for 3 mere months, yet he's one of the people I'm in contact with outside an institution. He's a really cool dude. I think we'll be meeting up next week along with Shuming, provided the busy woman can spare some time for us!

I fell asleep on the train ride home because I was exhausted. I'm glad I was good company in the short time I was together with Zhenhui because I was getting by on 4 hours of sleep. Mock me but I'm a guy who needs my minimum number of hours of sleep, but I don't go on after 7-8 hours. Because of that, I'm not really a party animal! Anyway, I came online for awhile before deciding to satisfy that burning desire to exericise and thus, went for a swim. For the first time in my life, swimming was a good cardio workout for me (probably because the guy swimming beside me was swimming twice my speed) and I finished the swim panting and aching all over. Satisfying.

And I had a bit of alcohol with my dinner when I got back. That's how happy I was with my day. Today I'll probably be rotting till I book in tomorrow! I was damn bored too, so I took a photo (alright, 3!) with my new purchases. They come in bundles of 5 for $1.50! As for the classy wooden ones which Zhenhui got, they're 8 for $4.90 or something. I can't wait to see the new Ikea at Tampines, although it's bloody far from my place. Argh. Such a cam whore.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: