Saturday, February 17, 2007

What You Make Of It

"Time is nothing
But what you make of it
Life has meaning
If only you reflect on it "


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I went to Sentosa today and was dismayed at the state of the sky. Demoralising, I know. Nobody goes to Sentosa and expects it to look this cloudy. It's essential that when you're at the beach, the three main ingrediants that come into play must be present - the sun, sand and sea. Apparently one of them decided to go play hide-and-seek behind the clouds.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I decided to do a bit of phototaking since the beach looked kinda gloomy. My camera is by no means a DSLR, but I guess it did rather well with this on Macro mode. In other news, my family got a new camera as a gift. It's not as powerful as the cheapest ones on the market right now, but it's an improvement from mine! I tried to photograph the butterflies flying around, but I couldn't spot them in the photos I took! But seeing them flutter around randomly as if they were in a dance really lightened my mood.

After walking from Palawan to Siloso, I decided that I'd either chill out at Cafe del Mar or rent a bike for a ride on my regular route - to Tanjong Beach and back, followed by the Jungle Trail. I planted myself at CDM for awhile, but ran out of patience when no one offered to get me a drink. And by that time the sun, almost midway into the sky at 11AM, was scorching hot (better late than never). I went for a bike-ride instead. I was further pissed off by the crappy state of the bike. I should've been more choosy with it, and checked it thoroughly before riding off.

I grabbed a Pink Dolphin and some loose change from the 7-11 at Palawan to stash my belongings in the locker. I forgot to bring my mp3 player a long, and had to be contented with the sounds of nature instead.

Okay, it does sound like I didn't enjoy my trip much, but I guess it gave me something to do.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The jungle trail was as interesting as ever. The steep and winding trail and the sights of mainland calmed me. There was still a lot of things going through my mind, but it's hard to be totally engrossed in your troubles when you're trying to make sure the camera doesn't fall from your hands (there's no basket and I used the bottle-grasping thing after that) while you're keeping your balance on a rubbish bike!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've had enough of being in solitude already. I'm keen to give Sentosa another go on Thursday, when there isn't so much on my mind. Is anyone game?

"Everytime I turn around the boys fighting over me
Everytime I step out the house they wanna fight over me
Is it cos I'm hot to death
And I'm so-so-so sexy
All the boys all the silly boys they wanna fight over me"

I now understand the appeal of Paris Hilton's album and why all unbiased reviewers had something nice to say about it. It's so silly and light-hearted that you can't help but laugh (along or at) when you hear it. It's the album that I'm currently listening to, although I understand that I'm a tad behind the times!

Better late than never eh?
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

weetzdom tooth said...

who took the pics for you if you were alone? they are nicely taken. :)

jason kyh said...

haha... self-timer! oops.