Friday, February 02, 2007

Random Stuff

In addition to all the weird questions I get asked during work like, "Where's the toilet?" and "Do you guys sell Ipods?", I got asked another question (twice!) that I hadn't heard before. And I've been there for 3 months already!

I was standing innocently at the TV section when a lady came up to me, pointed at the 60" Bravia SXRD TV and asked earnestly, "What movie is this?".

And I got it from another family later in the day. I was more stunned than frustrated, because they were easy one-liner answers. That's Hollywood - brilliantly manufactured and intense action sequences. iRobot and Too Fast Too Furious - Tokyo Drift were the movies that were guilty of making Singaporeans hang around like they didn't have enough money to go to the cinemas.

There was this little kid who came up to me and used his cute pleading voice and went, "Gooooooooooooooooooooor, this game cannot play already!". And I restarted the PS2 and shifted through the options till it became alright again. Basically I was brimming with delight that he called me gor, because I do look younger than my age and being 20 isn't an adult yet, and the last think I want to hear is parents telling their kids to address me as uncle.

That did happen a couple of times, much to my disgust.

In other randome stuff, David Choi is pretty good. Although he readily admits to using too much of his throat, but I like his voice. Ooh, and speaking of good music, Sophie Ellis Bextor's Catch You is brilliant. I can't stop playing it. Ahhh... we do need the veterans in the business to show those noobs how it's done!

A shoutout to my army friends whom I went out for dinner at Crystal Jade with, followed by a 930PM screening of Babel at Lido and a comfortable cab ride home. You guys are high maintenance! But I enjoyed myself thoroughly - it was amazing hanging out with them.

Curiously enough, Kenneth has asked me to join his band. I don't know how serious he is but that's what he said when he dropped by on Tuesday. He said he's heard me sing in bunk a couple of times and thought I was alright. This, coming from the guy who undid my bootlace and took out that round thing in his desperate attempts to stop me from singing along to Franz Ferdinand
at the back of the minibus when we were having night driving!

We'll see how it goes. Should be interesting.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

weetzdom tooth said...

wah uncle, you give babel 4 stars... you must watch Crash then.. you sure like... same same structure :)

jason kyh said...

I wouldn't have watched it if it wasn't so critically acclaimed and the fact that my friends wanted so badly to catch it!