Monday, February 26, 2007

Chris' Party

I've been too stoned recently to come up with good blog entries. What you've been reading lately are sub-standard rants, along with photos. Editting them is a whole lot easier than constructing a pretty sentence. I am so screwed.

Anyway, a bunch of us met up at Kembangan MRT station on Saturday evening, somewhere I've never been before! Guo Fei, Terence, Shawn and I went to Cheers and there was a pathetic amount of alcohol for sale. We wanted to get some for Chris (which didn't turn out to be too brilliant an idea) as a present. We spotted a 7-11 at the CC, but it wasn't stocked with alcohol, because it was situated in a CC!

Bet you didn't know that!

Chris (who is going to Taiwan to learn hairstyling, thus the farewell party) picked us up at the bus stop in his Honda Accord. It was a quick drive to his place. I've been to private houses before and his is the biggest I've ever been in.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

We went in to have dinner and the food was really good. The Taiwan sausage, fried rice and dumplings were some of the delightful things we had among the wide variety of dishes. We left enough space in our stomachs upon seeing the fondue machine. The dips that were available were the healthy strawberries and the sinfully sweet marshmallows.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A sight for chocolate-addicts, surely? I was tempted to kidnap the fondue machine back home for my personal use! It was certainly one of the many highlights of the evening. We couldn't stop ourselves from finishing almost everything, and had many "last" helpings.

Self-denial.

Anyway, we watched a bit of Star Wars in the living room and had our first taste of alcohol for the evening. There was a guy who was mixing the staggering varieties of alcohol available. It just so happened that he worked in Zouk as a bartender! It kicked off with some funny pink drink, which the four of us couldn't finish. We then had a shot of tequila each before going up to Chris' room, which was huge.

I need to be rich enough to get a house like that some day.

After browsing through a couple of old issues of Mens' Health, Chris offered us cards and we played Big 2. It's much less of a hassle as compared to mahjong, and requires more brains as compared to Blackjack. I'm surprised I didn't play it at all during CNY. We gambled - 10 cents a card!

In the midst of all the gambling...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Chris is an amazing host I tell you. I don't even know what this is called but after this baby, I was super high. It tasted really good with my favourite alcohol, Baileys Irish Cream, in it! I have no idea what the dangerous, dark, bottom-layer of liquid is. It's sweet but seductively poisonous. My camera tasted quite a bit of it as Terence spilled his over it! Thankfully, it's still functional, though I doubt it will be for much longer seeing how accident-prone it is!

To top it all off, Chris brought up Vodka lime that helped to sustain my 'high' for quite awhile. I think I was the noisiest and rowdiest (while playing cards, telling everyone off for not giving me a chance to throw my cards), which is just a little bit embarrassing, but I've known these guys for quite a long time already, so it doesn't matter!

Just one more for the alcohol list - we were offered Tequila Pop but I skipped that because I think it would've probably driven me to check myself in to rehab!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I won a little bit of money from the game (like 2 dollars), and we took this last group photo. Shawn and I were the most red in the face, but I think it's safe to say that the alcohol got us all high, and we had an amazing time.

Now I know why middle-aged uncles spend their spare time drinking and gambling.

Guo Fei, Chris' friend and I took a cab back home. And I called for the cab in exchange for Guo Fei finishing my Tequila Pop! Hilarious stuff.

Even after an hour and a half later whilst I was home in bed, I could still feel my heart pounding rapidly. I am such a lousy drinker.

Which just means that I can save money on alcohol.

(Forgive me for the crappy entry yet again!)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: