Saturday, August 18, 2007

Fast Week

Sometimes it's just crazy how a week can pass by and you don't even know where it went! Alright, no worries about me not blogging anymore, I've finally got my hands on my laptop today and it's up running in hall already! There's still quite a bit of work to do to personalise it - I need all the programmes that I use regularly and I'm already slowly building my photo library, so it's all going rather well.

I've had a rather crazy week, going for my electives for the first time. They're both not what I'm used to being a Science student and all. First was What Is History which I almost could not get due to the change in tutorial slots. Then there's theatre studies, which was really challenging. There's a lot of work to be done. For CS I've only got one tutorial, and I enjoyed Paul Falzon's classes tremendously, although I think I've really got to speak up a lot more. He's teaching us Speech and Argumentation. He's almost always funny, and encourages us to give a shot at all the exercises he has for us. I like his style of teaching.

Hall's been taking up most of my time. It's fun but I think I'm out and about too much. There hasn't been too much homework yet so I suppose I'm still able to play still, but starting next week I don't think I'd be able to do that! On Tuesday the pageant people made their way to this modelling agency where we went to learn the catwalk. It was especially frustrating for me because I just couldn't get it right. The next day we had rehearsals back in hall and I felt that I was much better already. I couldn't think of any good poses with Jing Ying although we've since came up with one or two better poses after that day!

Last night must've been one of the craziest nights I've had for the week. Our OG met up to have dinner before going to the Hall's Open House. I put my name down for quite a few of the comittees already, so I hope I get a chance to get my hands dirty and be involved in everything that's going on! Thereafter I went for a run with Yu Lian and Colin around NIE. I thought YL did a rather group job running! Colin and I went for another round around the school, and it's different running with a senior I guess cause I really pushed myself in a way I haven't done in a quite some time. It was also because I was familiar with the route after running with my roommate Wei Hao a couple of days ago. After that I came back for a bit of volleyball before helping Joyca and Angel with their campaigning. That went on from 12 to 3 AM.

Thus, I'd like to take the chance to remind everyone to haul their asses down to the function room on the 22nd of August at about 8 to vote for them.

Charlene took quite a few photos of us hard at work and we have a group photo as well, that's already my laptop's wallpaper. It needs a bit of photo editting before making an appearance online though! By that I mean colour balance and light - I don't photoshop faces, boobs or waists.

I guess the reason why I'm making this effort to participate and push myself to be around is because I know it's not going to be easy to stay another year in hall, and I want to enjoy it while it lasts. Because all good things come to an end, I want to make everyday count. I know it sounds mush or retarded and all but the feeling of living together with people of your age group, with similar interests and common goals... that's really amazing.

Ooh, and because of pageant I'm not really that free at night so it's really thanks to breakfast with YL, Joyce, Daniel and Eric this week that's keeping me sane. Thanks guys.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments: