Wednesday, August 08, 2007

JASH

01

I just had to put up one of the few photos of my room that I took just before orientation. This is how my wardrobe looked like. It's far emptier now, with unwashed clothes in the laundry and washed clothes hanging out to dry. A complete mess, but well, lucky there's a good selection! Haha...

The timeline for blogging is a little jumbled. I'll save orientation talk for next week. This week I went back on Sunday and our little group made our way to The Sun, but we didn't buy anything interesting in the end! It was sort of going purely for the sake of going! Before that Daniel, Joyce and I hung out at the basketball court and shot some hoops.

Monday was the first day of lectures and it was kind of strange to be in class again. It kinda sucked that I didn't know many people because I didn't attend school camp, but I chatted with a couple of old friends like Ahmad and Terence, whom I've not had the chance to talk to since we graduated from Sembawang Sec. It's great to see him around, and he's the kind of guy with quiet brilliance, and I've no doubt in my mind he'll do well for the course. I can't say the same for myself though! Anyway, I kind of stuck around with Wei Hao's SP Kristle, and we went back to hall after that lecture.

There was another interesting lecture on public speaking where I enjoyed myself tremendously. I need to really learn how to think on my toes though, I'm not really good at that! I am grateful for the chance to speak up in class though.

After that there was the rush to change and meet for JASH. It took really long to get everyone into the bloody auditorium though, so we took the chance to take a couple of photos.

01

And these are the handsome young men of Tin Tin! There's an unmistakable glow of happiness, which I think is kind of cool that we're so chummy around each other.

We went into the audi for a short screaming competition before fighting with everyone else for the food. I met Yu Min (her in long hair kind of shocked me - gorgeous) , who dragged me to Bing Xiang and we had a little chat. It was a buffet but all the trays were scrapped empty before we could have our third helping. It didn't help that we were nearer the desert section and used ridiculously small plates to place our food, but we had teamwork and I think we got to taste all the good stuff.

01

Then KKJ came and blew everyone away with their version of Umbrella. They had a good time slot and performed really well. The same could not be said of the performers after them. Poor Amber got jeered just before their last song - the impatient crowd was waiting for some "real" music.

And we got it in the end! We danced for a couple of hours. I saw a couple of old friends, from Kenneth to Terence, to acquaintances I knew in RVHS, Zhan Xing, whom I think didn't really recognise me, and one of my oldest best friends from RV, Jia Hui whom I met in the toilet. He was looking at me while I was peeing. I didn't quite recognise him either... but yeah. It was ridiculous, funny, and it was just a really special moment. He's in his hall pageant too. I'm not really surprised by that though!

I enjoyed partying the night away with my OG. We were the biggest group left and we partied all the way till it ended. I loved the music, RnB and pop. I thought it was a sin that they left out Britney but they played Rihanna twice, so that made up for it! I danced till my muscled cramped up so badly that I was kneeling on the floor at some point. I enjoyed the attention. The alcohol was great, and we downed jug after jug, again and again. I feel that it's an activity that is cool to share with people you're comfortable with. Once someone bought a jug, there'd be like 10 straws in it and us guys would stick our heads together and drink like mad before stopping and handing it over to the girls, and then going at it again before eating the ice.

And why doesn't anybody believe that I've only been clubbed twice! NVM, MTV has taught me well! ;)

01

We were pretty zombified after that. I enjoyed every moment of it though, and I'm not sure when we'll get a chance to do it again. I mean, the environment is kind of different. You know you're in the safety of the school still, and that your room is within walking distance and there isn't a need to spend so much money,nor impress strangers.

I appreciate the group of girls appreciating my booty shaking though. Just don't say it so obviously behind my back lar! SHY LEI!

I still had an 830 lecture the next day, which was quite hellish because I wanted so badly to sleep and the lecturer was happily commenting on how late people sleep when they stay in hall, and that it has gotten worse through the years! After that I slept through most of the afternoon before going for dinner at Swensons with the pageant people. Initially I wanted to go back, but we all came back together to watch the pageant preparation videos from 2003 till present. It was kind of intimidating but I guess the message was just to have fun and enjoy the ride.

Accepted Daniel's invitation and played soccer, though I seriously don't think that soccer and I go well together. I don't know what's wrong with me though. I used to be anti-soccer, and then I started watching soccer (World Cup, Euro Cup) and now I'm playing it. After that Zhende, Kelvin, Shu Qi and I played volleyball. Ahhhh... damn cool.

Had McDs breakfast with Joyce and Daniel this morning. It was a really cosy breakfast... I don't know how to describe it, but it did feel like we've been doing this for a long time. Light humour, harmless gossip, and a filling breakfast... It was pretty much the last time I remember feeling happy for the day because all my tuition kids tried their darndest to make me die of anger today.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! where's your sony shirt in your warobe! haha!