Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hall 12 Appreciation

Monday night was another night for a hall event. This time we made our way down to Roland's restaurant at Marine Parade for dinner.

The two screens scrolled through many photos of the events that happened in the past year and brought to mind many fantastic memories. Events like Beachout, Paddlephilia, IH... the list seems endless. I was glad to be a part of almost all of them. One of my goals in Uni was to lead a fulfilling hall life and I think I've more or less acheived it, at least much better compared to my academic goals!

ap01

The food... I know I forgot to take photos of the food when I realised that I wanted to blog about it but I have no way of describing how good it was. I'm running out of adjectives (see all past food-related gathering blog entries) but it really was damn good. I got up once to receive best Subcommer for Publications. Got to thank Clarence for that. I thought that it was great for me to have a chance to do what I wanted to do and he really gave a lot of leeway for us. So that was really cool. I'm going to get my subcom shirt from him tonight!

ap02

Acting cool. Anyway.

Many other deserving people got up on stage to receive their awards. There were the usual speeches and all that kind of stuff. It was really interesting to see the video nominations of the various awards given out. Fantastically entertaining. All this was going on as we were chatting to each other and enjoying the food. Have I mentioned how great the food... Okay so I did.

I thought it was great that the seniors came up and shared their experiences and appreciation. Some of the people who really inspired me were Heng Kia, Daniel and Zhende. Ooh and Regina was great too. She went up thrice and made me cheer till my voice was hoarse that night. I blame it partially on Sandar for getting me so high that we were really making a lot of noise whenever someone went up to collect something. I didn't even sound like me when I went up to collect my colours award!

I mentioned something about having the chance to work with everybody and learning new things that I've never been part of before. It's been a crazy year... when I look back at the things I've done! There was pageant, joining Dnd committee, getting picked as GL for FOC, water polo, cheer leading, lots of photo-taking during IH, Beachout was successfully organised... It felt great to be giving something to hall and getting recognised for it.

ap03

Tintin... the people whom I started this crazy journey with.

ap04

And here with Heng Kia! Pageant co-ordinator and waterpolo extrordinaire!

ap05

And the crazy group of us taking a photo after getting off the bus!

Actually there're still two more people I haven't thanked. A big shoutout to Colin and Siting - for shaping my mind on how hall life should be like!
01

No comments: