Sunday, March 09, 2008

Usher New Music

I haven't talked about music in a long time (not that I've got plenty of time, there're assignments to be done!) but I've heard 3 rather exciting singles to come out recently. They deserve a shoutout. Colin was right to call Mimi's latest single "uninspired", but after It's Like That, I don't think it'll hurt her just yet.

Kicking it off with Justin, Timbaland and Madonna - 4 Minutes To Save The World starts off stomping across the dance floor, but the chorus was just pretty much a snoozefest. If not for the production suggesting that we were welcoming music from made by some of the titans of the music industry of late, the melody is really nothing special. That being said, I'm sure a crazy video by Madonna standards will bring the project to crazy heights. I've just set my eyes on a photo still that had Madge staring into her reflection, which is Timberlake. She base her career solely on music so it'll be fantastic to see what exciting visuals she comes up with (dance, violence, sex) in support of this track.

Jesse McCartney has come up with really cheesy stuff in his short career and there were points in time that I couldn't differentiate him from Ryan Cabrera's music but he has a new single called Leavin'. The video is something that's not often seen in the industry - just a tinge of sexiness without being over-the-top. The music somehow reminds me of Beautiful Girl or Stars Are Blind. It's that kind of breezy summer groove although the "don't stress" bit got my hair standing!

Jaws dropped when the track hit 51-1 on Billboard Hot 100 this week but I'm sure for the record executives at LaFace/Zomba, it was nothing more than meeting expectations. Usher takes his time to release his albums and after the crazy success that was Confessions, which spawned Yeah!, Confessions, Burn, Caught Up and My Boo, the first single from upcoming album Here I Stand is titled Love In This Club. I love how it's a smooth bump and grind groove at most parts but isn't something you'll fall asleep listening to. Can't wait for this album to get released!
01

No comments: