Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Shopping Spree

I had one of the most amazing days of this month ever, yesterday. It was crazy. Really was.

Met Sidney at 1140AM, and the guy was 10 minutes late, despite living a stone's throw away from CWP! Anyway we went to take a walk around before going to LJS for lunch. His food came much earlier before mine and the guy was teaching a newbie about LJS stuff and he forgot about me. I had to go over to him asked for my food before it came. Tuh.

We travelled all the way to Ikea and saw some pretty cool stuff. After that, we walked to Queensway Shopping Center. That place holds a lot of memories, even though I don't go there often. My first pair of contact lenses, which were coloured, were bought there. My secondary prom shopping was there too, though I didn't buy anything. I bought Fukang his bell-bottom jeans there for his 16th birthday as well. Also went with Sequeena a couple of times to look and buy basketball shoes.

So I was really looking forward to going back there again to really shop. Sidney and I managed to walk the place from top to bottom. There was WOS where he found a pair of Nike running shorts for 30++ dollars, and after discount, costs 25! It was a steal and I was pretty tempted to buy one myself. To make it worth it, I'll be calling him out for a couple of runs in the near future! We also passed by this Billabong shop which had an awesome belt that he wanted to buy and also board shorts. My one and only pair was too tight for me so I was considering getting another one. To my surprise, he suggested that we should go to town because there's a greater variety of stuff for me to choose from.

However, I didn't leave empty handed. I'd been wanting to buy a wristband (since Secondary School but I never could bear to part with my money) and after 3 years, I've finally gotten myself one! Haha... Since I've been eyeing it for so long already, I think it's something that I've always wanted, so it was worth the money.

Travelled by train and alighted at Somerset MRT, and the first place that we went to was Heeran. The stuff looked pretty good but most of it costs a bomb and I really couldn't bear to spend so much money. However as we went on to see more and more stuff at Wisma, I realised that I just had to get it, and we finally went to Pacific Plaza. It was at Ripcurl that I found a white pair (of board shorts) for 59 bucks, but it didn't have my size. I ended getting the next best choice for 10 bucks more. Sidney got himself a belt.

We were pretty tired after that but we went to Far East for a good shop-around. We were also waiting for his friend Beryl to come, but in the end, our tired legs gave way and we decided to take a seat at Burger King while waiting. The man whipped out his new camera and took a photo of our purchases for that day (sans the shorts, both his and mine).



There you have the batteries from Ikea (double A, ten for 3 bucks!!!), the Nike wristband, Sidney's belt and an item that I got from Heeran that I forgot to mention.

Britney and Kevin: Chaotic ...the dvd & more~!

I was actually hunting the CD shops in Singapore for this thing. Popular. No. TS. No. Music Junction. No. I knew that it was released in Singapore because I was lucky enough to come across a F-UP review of the DVD in The New Paper. So when I found it at HMV, my hand got hold of it automatically, marched to the counter, surrendered my POSB card and...

It wasn't long before Sidney's friend, Beryl came. She's a very lively and interesting character and she also happens to be my buddy's ex-classmate from PJC! Haha... After the dinner we walked down Orchard Road and put Sidney's digital camera to good use.



The Christmas lights! The crowd! The atmosphere! Wow! And here's a photo of the two happy guys with the day's worth of shopping trips. Okay, so Sidney doesn't look very smiley here but as the night progressed...



Haha... His new camera is really very good. The quality is fab. The quality for every single photo is just amazing. It makes me want to get a new cam. *shakes head* Although my camera has been through thick and thin with me, it isn't really up to standard. Well, I got it for free... so. Quality comes for a price.



The three of us had a hell lot of fun taking solo and paired shots of each other, always looking for another angle, always looking out for better background, new poses.... Haha! We sort of got out of comtrol with the camera. After walking all the way to Heeran, we decided to take a break. Beryl's friend arrived and she was going off to meet her and we took one group shot together courtesy of an unsmiling stranger.



Sid and I took the train back home, tired but happy. Enjoyed myself a lot, even though I spent a bit too much money, but I suppose it was worth every cent!

Outrageous - My Shopping Spree!

No comments: