Monday, October 22, 2007

The Switch

Yesterday I finally wrapped up filming for my senior's project! It was a rather tedious process but I must say that I really learnt a lot. I ran out of hotel lifts, argued with an Ah Beng at some alley in Joo Chiat, sulked in a Chevrolet and played golf! From total misses and stiff postures to something that actually looks... believable. I hope. I know "a great learning experience" was a reason to bluff me into helping Shuwan act, but yeah, I had the chance to put things that I learned from theatre to use as well. I think most of my acting was a bit sub-standard because I only thought of how I was going to translate my emotions to actions after they finished filming my scene, which is a bit slow of me, but heck, it was a good try! They seemed satisfied with it, so that's my consolation.

Other learning points included things like knowing what the hell white balance is, taking multiple shots of a single scene, the use of some technical equipment, getting permission for filming in all sorts of different places, the actors and a whole lot of other things to look out for during filming!

I'm damn excited about seeing the finished product!

Ooh, and I dressed up for the shoot (as I was supposed to act as some rich guy coming out from a party) so I felt kind of pageantly and was overtaken by the urge to pose a bit.

01

I'm still trying to make the yang guang nan hai look work. Although the absence of a tan is a problem...

In addition to that I came up with an idea for filming for introduction of the DnD committee. It seems that the best ideas come when you're daydreaming and travelling. Instead of forcing things out, the mind wanders and ideas naturally pop into your head. My experience in filming will definitely come in handy too! Yes, so I'm very excited about doing it after the freaking exams. If I could just get it over with! Argh!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

2 comments:

weetzdom tooth said...

aha...yang guan vainpot!

good to know you are keen on filming... way to go.

jason kyh said...

haha... yeah but it's a scary and tedious experience! :P

woah... now im vainpot already! oh no!