Monday, September 15, 2008

Say I Do

Every semester there are modules that you enjoy going for, that don't give you undue stress, and you wish you could've done it all over again. For me those modules allow me to explore something different and through the process even learn more about myself.

This sem I dropped 255 on the last day to take COM 232 (Graphic Comm) and I've not regretted it at all, so I guess I should thank Ros for dragging me into the class!

Our first assignment was to design a T-Shirt that said something about Creativity. We had to come up with 30 sketches for our ideas. Amongst my sketches, one of my favourites was a huge bacteria cell and the words "Creativity in (Nature's) Design". However, another sketch, one that I did out of frustration of not being able to come up with enough to hit the 30 sketch target got chosen.

The shirt read "Marry Me" at the front and "This is as creative as I can get!". Okay, so there was a certain amount of sarcasm and frustration in there and I was stunned that it got chosen. However I tried to work with it and the final tagline became "Say I Do to Creativity" instead.

After that I came up with a few variations of it:







The final one that I chose to present looked a bit more ordinary than I would've expected. Some people even thought that the font wasn't romantic but I wanted to go with something that wasn't cheesy and girly, something that would be unisex. I even surprised myself by choosing it because it wasn't outstanding, but I thought it'd be slightly more timeless than the rest.

I even printed the shirt, and I should've taken a photo with it, but I've already handed it up! I'll post it as soon as I can get my hands on it though.

Our next idea is a directions poster and I can't wait to get started. I'm inspired and ready to go. Cheers to more sketching, more exploration and more magical moments spurned by making whatever's in my head come to life!

01

No comments: